Wednesday, November 9, 2011

where to get school lockers & art stools

When our barstool transformation was in full swing I brought our back-ups
up from the basement, they're actually old metal art stools.
.
  I thought I'd share where I snagged them, along with this set of three school lockers.


A new school was being built and the old one was closing. (Tip #1)

I'd been on the hunt for lockers but at $100 each and the cost of painting,
 I was still on the prowl for a bargain.

  Saturday am ~ rise and shine ~ we need to be first in line.
Woo hoo!  We're first! Only a couple other families showed up...for the day!
Yes!  We had our pick of lockers for $20 each!
All mr. simple we had to do was unscrew them from the wall and each other
70 screws each, oops hadn't thought of that, or a screwdriver. (Tip #2)
By the end of four hours we were best buds with the other family,
and they brought the lockers home for us!
Didn't think about a vehicle to get them home. (Tip #3)

 

They're awesome for storage.
Bet you can't guess what 'detail boy' loves.
This should give you a big clue as to our life.


The art stools were $10 each and I didn't really need them, so I only took two.


The edge of the seats are perfectly worn with little dabs of paint here and there. 


I can picture them stacked on top of the school art table at the end of the day.



Have you snagged any bargains from an unlikely source?

7 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What fantastic buys! My son would totally be all about the combination locks, too. Good gadgets for little boys! Your new barstools are gorgeous but I'd be tempted to find a place for those art stools somewhere front and center as well. My bargain this week came from curbside ;-)

Dana Frieling said...

Twenty bucks a pop?! Wow, that is a bargain. Did the school announce they'd be selling items? I need to start doing some research around here.

Living in a Plastic Palace! said...

I would never think of this! Now I want some lockers for my garage. Curbside freebies are my only great bargain experience...so far! Thanks for sharing.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such a deal!!! My neighbor had an ottoman by the curb that I snagged...THAT was a good deal.

A Vintage Vine said...

Those are perfect...great snag! I love them painted white, good choice!
My best snag was my headboard. My friend bought it($5), it was brass, she was too scared to paint it, she offered it to me....Of course, I was not afraid of a can of spray paint.

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Wow...what a deal/steal/{insert any other complimentary word here}. Wonderful finds, and I love the paint!

Holly Gruszka said...

I haven't but this makes me want to raid a school for some great pieces - and I bet these are well made too.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover