Monday, November 21, 2011

our thanksgiving table

The Challenge:
Put together our Thanksgiving Table using what I have, spending no $$!
I came close, I spent $1! 

A little unconventional, but here's what I used ~

Flagstone pieces leftover from our patio became chargers,
thicker slabs are the perfect rustic texture I like to pair with silver pitchers and trays.
Dried hydrangeas from our yard took the place of fresh florals.
Spice jars filled with additional hydrangeas give each place setting added interest.
  Candles are included in the centerpiece and rows of votives line each end of the table.   
                                                             

Napkins I made a few years ago coordinate with the neutral palette, and
the simple glass salad plates allow the pattern to show through.
A collection of mis-matched wine glasses complete the look.

 

Once I got the place setting arranged I moved on to the centerpiece, making sure
the height of my pitchers were varied by using thicker slabs of stone.
It looks a little empty in the space to the left and right of the centerpiece...hmm.


A row of six votives on each side, looking better.
(If you don't have any of these you should get some...today!)
Still tweaking...some silverware was still in the dishwasher.
  

Checking the look of the rows of votives - yep, just what it needed to fill in the empty space. 




The buffet, set with plates and cups, in anticipation of
the desserts we'll be indulging in!


      If you missed it here is the Do-Ahead Thanksgiving Menu I shared.

Btw if you're wondering what I spent $1 on ~ it was two small glass vases,
       the cute ones that don't look like spice jars.

                 

14 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I decorated the table today at my mother's house where we will have Thanksgiving Dinner, and I pulled out a couple of her silver pitchers to use too! Am going back tomorrow to take pics and post. The flagstones are a terrific touch, I love that natural element. And I love the dried hydrangeas! Beautiful table!

Lori said...

Beautiful table! I love the use of your flagstone-so creative. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dana Frieling said...

I had no idea hydrangeas stayed so pretty! I'm sure your guests will be thrilled with what awaits them this Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Love it! I use the dried hydrangeas from my yard all holiday season, they are beautiful. I like the individual "vases" at each place setting and the use of the pavers, but most of all I like that you used what you had!
Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the day!

Cathy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your table looks beautiful Pam!! I love the dried hydrangeas in the silver, so pretty! Happy Thanksgiving! Martina

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I think anything under $5 counts! Great job! It looks beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

You are so clever! Your table looks amazing. I love your old napkins. I think I will get busy and make some for Christmas. Do you think they need to be 100% cotton?

Holly Gruszka said...

I love the use of the flagstone as chargers. And are your boys (meaning son and hubby) used to all of your tweaking by now? I think my husband thinks I'm crazy when I move stuff around and take stuff off the walls and put it back on. Have a great Thanksgiving Pam!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Pretty table Pam. I love the soft palette of neutrals, and the natural elements of the dried hydrangeas and flagstone.

A Vintage Vine said...

For a dollar that is an incredible table! Looks like you spent tons more..Love the flag stone, with the hydrangeas...it is just perfect!

debbie refresh restyle said...

Beautiful table! Love your style!
Debbie

Taunnie said...

I can't believe you only spent $1, it looks like a million! I love how you used the pavers as chargers, BRILLIANT!

SHERRY HART said...

I love the table...so much texture and the leftover stone was a wonderful idea. It gave it such an organic feel.....

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Geez you're brilliant. I love the flagstone chargers. I've gotta tuck this idea away for future use. The table looks amazing.

Warmly, Michelle

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover