Monday, November 14, 2011

diy advent calendar tree

I'm posting this early in hopes that you'll do better than I did last year.
I started mine on December 4th.
                                    I clearly remember spray painting in freezing weather,
                              It wasn't exactly the picture of a joyful family crafting together
                            in a cozy kitchen enjoying hot chocolate & sugar cookies during
                                                  the most wonderful season of all!
                                                   ~   I'll spare you the details   ~

                         I'm sure you know Kate, she's the one who I copied inspired me,
               if you want to see what it is supposed to look like you must go check out hers,
                              along with her tutorial.  Centsational Girl's Advent Tree

                        Here's my version...it's part of the Christmas decor in detail boy's room.

                                   
                                        Special boxes for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!


I used assorted small jewelry boxes, the square white boxes and white buckets
                       are from the Dollar Store wedding section, there are several in one package,
                                                 small stockings are another fun addition.


 I bought a sheet of stick on decorations from the craft store and used what I had for the rest,
             scrapbook paper, old Christmas cards, bells, berries, candy, ribbon...


Be sure you don't glue the lid closed on the boxes when you're gluing
your ribbon or decor on top. :) 




It's a fun tradition even for a 13 year old who thinks it is
stupid silly when I put it up,
but checks it every single day!


                                            
                                          
                                                   

11 comments:

Sarah's Mom said...

So cute! Sarah would love this. We will definitely try it.

Dana Frieling said...

Super fun! This is one of the cutest I've seen by far.

A Vintage Vine said...

I am so copying you! Great idea! Funny how they act like these traditions are silly but it will be the ones he has with his own kids someday! Way to go Mom!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

I love this! Since I don't have little ones at home anymore, I am going to make this for my little nephew! I'm sure he and his parents will get years of enjoyment. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carly {a simple affair} said...

What amazing detail!! What type of stuff do you leave in the boxes for detail boy?

Holly Gruszka said...

I think it's so much fun! What kinds of things do you put in the boxes? Little sayings or treats? And I want to see more of that exposed brick I see there - love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of special boxes for the 24th and 25th! Great job!

Calypso In The Country said...

That is adorable Pam! I just have to make one for my boys!
-Shelley

Mumsy said...

I've been searching for great advent calendar ideas and I really love this one!

I hope you don't mind--I submitted this to the Make and Takes spotlight page. http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

The CSI Girl said...

I hope you will come link this up to the CSI Project. The challenge this week is Advent Calendars. You could take home the top prize or the great giveaway. Come over all week for tutorials and enter the FB giveaway!
www.thecsiproject.com

Anonymous said...

Hello I loved your Advent Calendar diy project that i added it to my blog , thank you for the great ideas.
http://ourlittlenestonthelake.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover