Tuesday, November 29, 2011

painting glass vases

In case you're all wondering about the cream colored, thrift store vases on my bookcase,
you're in luck
I'm spilling my secret...

Look familiar??


When you're thrifting, focus on the shapes you like, don't pay any attention to the exisiting
       color or pattern - we're going to use the #1 product a DIYer couldn't live without!          

                             

 If you see a 'pair' of vases in a great shape....jackpot!!!
I did these in a matte finish then used fine grit sandpaper to give them a rustic look.
(you'll understand what that means when the big secret is revealed)


Or, one in the color you're actually looking for...double jackpot!!!


You can even paint new pieces, this pair came from my favorite store,
 Home Goods, clearance rack - they were a peachy color.
I used a cream color followed by clear gloss. 

These will be showing up on my Christmas mantel...soon!


Finally...the secret...shhh,
simple spray paint.


If you missed them on the bookcase all spiffed up, go here.

Happy painting, friends!







5 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Wow! I would have never guessed if you hadn't said anything. Looks like they came that way!

Holly Gruszka said...

I'm headed out to do some thrifting at lunch today (I think) so I'll be on the look out now thanks to your tip and reminder. So glad you joined blog land Pam!!!

Dana Frieling said...

Such a great way to duplicate your pretty monochromatic look. I love your style!

A Vintage Vine said...

Like I always say "Girl you are good"....your frugal ways are wonderful!...Saw your feature on Room RX, those bookcases are wonderful! Now I am off to find some ugly, well shaped vases, now where did I put that spray paint???

Lori said...

WOW! You always have such a great eye and wonderful taste! I especially love the formerly peach vases. I'm inspired and will focus only on shape from now on. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover