Monday, October 31, 2011

my next DIY project

                                                        If you've ever had one of these...

                                               
                                                                       ~  Rio  ~
                                              
                                           you quite possibly could have some of this.

                                    

                                     You may have noticed we decided to keep her anyway!

                                  I wanted to be sure we were safely past the chewing stage,
          she's 3 years old and hasn't chewed anything for 2 1/2 years, so we're good to go!
 
                                                                   The plan was:
                                               wood filler, paint and purchase slipcovers

                                        

I tried the Ikea slipcover, not the right size and just too...white, maybe?
What do you guys think about the white?

                                          

  The new plan:
   wood filler, paint, I make slipcovers
   (love choosing custom fabric, sewing them myself, not so much)

   Has anyone bought any I should know about?


13 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh such a darling dog. I was thinking those slipcovers were custom made!

Leslie said...

Wow! He really went to town on that chair! LZ

Dana said...

Sweet puppy! Years ago we had dining room chairs that had the same "loved" look. My vote is for custom covers. I'm sure you'll make them look gorgeous! Do you have fabric selections already?

Lori said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sarah's Mom said...

Sarah wants to "borrow" Rio! Did you know how popular your blog would be with a 10 year old? She asks about it every morning!

pam {simple details} said...

Sarah's Mom - Oops, that probably didn't help with the requests for a puppy (the cute photo or the chewed up chairs)!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Love the idea of making some from custom fabric, but have you thought about dyeing or stenciling the white ones? Just a thought and would take much less effort! I'm always for the easy way out. ;-)

I awarded you the Liebster Award today! You can check it out here:
http://dimplesandtangles.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-award-my-favorite-up-and.html

Happy Tuesday!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

What about stenciling on the fabric? I saw a beautiful quatrefoil stencil that would look fabulous!

Calypso In The Country said...

Do I really need to see this?!!! I am sure our puppy will be doing all kinds of damage like that...great. Let me tell you though, that face is just precious! I am sure you couldn't stay mad for long! I am just catching up with everyone after our crazy snowstorm & power outage. I also enjoyed your neighborhood house tour - beautiful! Hope you had a Happy Halloween!
-Shelley

A Vintage Vine said...

The dog is darling....but the chewing would drive crazy, glad for you that stage is over! I do like the white, I would probably pick something washable!

natasha {schue love} said...

Awww Rio was such a cute pup! Makes me miss Wilson as a puppy!

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

The things we put up with! My Monster gnawed on my dining room table...that my DAD made! Ack! Haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, but at least its underneath so it's not visible...

Nope, didn't give him to the farm like I wanted to...but I was close...

Unknown said...

How did you make the pattern? they look amazing and i have a cat that has made short work of my beautiful leather bar stools. The ikea one's are too small.
Thanks and have a great day! Kathryn

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover