Thursday, October 20, 2011

do you wing it or are you a planner?

Being an organized planner, I was fretting when my 'planned' post for
yesterday fell through.
I went to a fabulous once-a-year fabric sale, I was going to inspire you
with all the gorgeous fabric I picked up for $1/yard and 
all that I was 'planning' for it.....
well, the fabric was less than fabulous and I left with.....nothing!

Totally out of charachter, I decided to wing-it! 
                    I knew it was 50/50 whether I'd be showing you a DIY project gone bad,
or a super easy, budget friendly, monogrammed door mat.

LUCKY!     LUCKY!    LUCKY! 

I was so thankful when I removed the newspaper
and these crisp, clean lines were revealed!




                    There was one area, (bottom right) where the newpaper must not
        have been thick enough and some paint seeped through - not too bad for winging it!  


                                             
                If you're a 'planner' try winging it, you might be pleasantly surprised!
                                               Happy Weekend, Friends!




7 comments:

Lori said...

It turned out beautifully! Love all of your great ideas- planned or not!

Amanda said...

I love this!!! what a great idea!

Holly said...

I'm usually a winger unless it's something I've been working on. Hope you have a great weekend!

Stacy Curran said...

Hi Pam, I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment as much as i'd like lately. I'm totally a planner, but things have been so busy! I'm so glad I have a chance to visit now though. Love this project!
Stacy

Jennifer L. Griffin said...

What a great project! I'm pinning this so I'll remember I want to make one too. Wish I had an Ikea here so I could run pick up a mat. Oh well, my list will be long on our next trip to Dallas.

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

This is great! I think I'm going to do that. Now to find the right R to do.

New follower.

Kacey said...

Oh, I'm a total planner. I love that your planned post turned into unplanned fabulousness!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover