Wednesday, October 12, 2011

one man's trash...

                                                          ...is my treasure!

                                                  I don't care if they're trendy,
                                      I still love sunburst mirrors every time I see one,
                         and I have a plan for this garage sale find that I snagged for $10!


Another $10 score!
I have paraded around my house holding this up in every possible spot.
I was dying to put it in my bathroom, but 8' ceiling and 3' light,
 not happening, boo hoo!
I'm thinking it would be perfect in our family room, but we raised the ceiling
 in a remodel and need an electrician - we're not into that DIY. 


   I just mentioned it to mr. simple and he said, "Oh, I'm sure someone could figure out how
   to do it."  In my book that is a yes, so I'll be making an appointment asap! Woo hoo!

                                             thank you, mr. simple ~ you're the best

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Great finds! I have been oogling over sunburst mirrors for some time now! Love it! LZ

Ininnbee said...

Love the lamp. If you can't find a spot in your home, it can come to mine. :-)

Holly Gruszka said...

It's like music to my ears when my husband agrees to something decorative related!! Woo hoo is right! And for $10 how could you pass that mirror up? Can't wait to see what you do with it. As trendy as sunburst mirrors seem, I think they have some staying power depending upon where you place it.

A Vintage Vine said...

Great finds! I am in the mood to garage sale too!...The weather here is better so I do not mind traipsing around and finding some great deals! High 5 to hubby!

Sarah's Mom said...

I need to start garage sale-ing with you! What great finds. You have a great eye. What areas do you reccommend for garage sales in Denver metro?

Kelly Mann said...

I'm loving your finds! Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!! You can read all about it on my post!

http://kmanndesigns.com/blog/2011/10/13/laundry-room-something-funny/

Have a great day!

LA in Colorado said...

Congratulations on your Liebster Blog Award nomination! You are so deserving and talented. I am loving your blog and getting lots' of inspiration from it! Thanks for sharing.

pam {simple details} said...

Sarah's Mom - These finds were from a church in Golden. I tried to get the scoop about next year from the sweet little ladies, no luck, they don't necessarily have them every year. :(

I'm really not a die hard garage saler, just stop in if I see a sign when I'm out, but Friday morning is a good bet!

natasha {schue love} said...

I'm with you on starburst mirrors! They're lovely! :)

Kathysue said...

Wow you really did score on both counts. Welcome to blog land, it is so nice to put a face with your name and thank you for your sweet email!! Your blog looks great and I think you look as if you are a pro!! Happy Thursday, Kathysue

Amanda said...

oh my gosh! totally crushing on your sunburst mirror!!! I never tire of them!! so chic.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Pam! You have two excellent finds!! I can't wait to see how you use these!! I have a chandy just hanging in the corner of the garage, waiting for a new home. It's a challenge, isn't it? I also scored some great finds at the Salvation Army today, on a whim. Come check out my post when you have time! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover