Tuesday, October 18, 2011

are you brave enough...

                                                  to go BOLD!
                                             
       Today, I thought I'd share my inspiration for painting the coffee table.
                                                      
      When I saw this fabulous peacock blue desk, painted by the cute, hip and
              stylish designer, Danielle, I couldn't wait to paint something!
                        (But, I chickened out and went with a safe neutral.)
                 Danielle's abode is chock-full of colorful amazingness!
                            
                                         

                                                                             
                    Here's more inspiration from around the blogosphere if you need
                                                 a dose of courage.
                                  
                            You could start small by jazzing up a chair or two...

            
                                                           
                                     or give new life to a thrift store find....
                     
            
                                            
                                          or use sunny yellow to brighten a corner....
                                 
                          
                                              
                                         or take your table up a notch....

                                   

                                           or add some spice to your kitchen....

                          
                                                
                                        or splash on a pretty pink for pizazz ....

                             
                                                                                                   
                                                 The possibilities are endless.... 

                                                 Are you the brave, bold type?
                                                    Or a wannabe like me!
                                                                                                         

sources: nycnestmaven, sheridanfrench,design sponge,marystratonandkells, the sweet survival blog                                    

8 comments:

A Vintage Vine said...

Love all those bold colors....I am brave but you can't tell from all my latest projects...Maybe a bright green is in order!

Dana said...

I have a friend that calls me "Neutral Nelly," and when I go shopping, I always come home with a bag full of gray, black and white. I like encouraging others to go bold, though!

Leslie said...

I am a total wannabe....for the moment! Love the fun and colorful pictures. LZ

Anne said...

I love painting in bright colours! I am getting some great inspiration here:)
~Anne

Lori said...

I'm a wannabe, but I do love your photos of the bold and the beautiful! Great inspiration, especially the peacock blue desk... Hmmm?!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Thanks so much for including my desk!

Holly Gruszka said...

Love bold pieces - they can make such a statement in a room. I'm not afraid at all - just needs to be in the right space. Our current home is quite bold to say the least but I love it.

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

I could definitely do the red, but I'm a bit more neutral in my other choices.

Love your coffee table transformation. Great job!

Take care,

Lori

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover