Tuesday, February 21, 2012

larger urns...???

Thank you for your opinions on the dining room urns and pedestals!
Having all of you weigh in is the perfect answer for my indecisiveness!


The vote was almost equally split whether I should keep them or store them.
Several of you suggested I try larger urns....I happened to have some outside!

So, larger urns...
and a mirror I picked up while at Home Goods, just to check out the look.


 Also, I could give the pedestals a touch of darker paint to better blend with the urn.

They were originally bright white and I painted them to compliment the smaller urns.
Here was the original photo I posted asking your opinion.

 
 
The decision...

I was trying to use them, just because I had them, and
I don't dislike them.
BUT...
Although I love a classic traditional look,
 I wanted to include mix of some modern elements and keeping these felt like I wasn't
heading in that direction.
If I'm going to redo a room, I don't want to like it, I want to LOVE it!

Going, going, gone!

Now I feel like I can move forward with a new plan for those spaces...yay!
Woo Hoo, Darn, another trip to Home Goods to return the mirrors!


13 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I liked them but I'm sure whatever you have planned is going to be fantastic! Maybe you could use them somewhere else?

Carly Haslee said...

I'm liking this decision and that attitude about loving the room--good for you! Can't wait to see what you find!

Lisa Mende said...

Totally agree with you on this one! Can't wait to see what you do!

Holly Gruszka said...

Wait to go Pam - good for you! Sometimes it's so hard to make these what seem like little decisions, but they have huge impact. I haven't been to a Home Goods in a few weeks - maybe it's time for me to take a ride over.

Dana Frieling said...

I'll be right over for our HomeGoods trip! So do you know what the new plans are yet or are they still in thought process?

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Good for you. Sometimes it's so hard to make a decision in our own homes. Can't wait to see what you find!

navy and orange said...

these look amazing!

xoxo navy & orange

Lori said...

I can't wait to see what you end up with (and the new home for the pretty urns). I'll be with you in spirit at HG!

Unknown said...

Blog friends are very helpful collaborators! It's always good to try things so that there are no regrets...can wait to see how this space shapes up!
Cathy

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

I love the larger urns but I like the color of the pedestals... so maybe you could lighten the urns to the color of the pedestals? Is that even possible? Love the overall look though! It's going to be great!

Courtana said...

Good choice! I bet that whatever you put there will please you more than the column/urn combo!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I'm admiring your mindset on LOVING the room, so true!! Thanks again for your comment today...can't wait to see what you come up with here!:)

Alice Sophia said...

We deal in vast organizations and characterizations presenting to you a large number of things including clothing, mechanical contraption, gadgets, devices, engineered materials, advancement materials and impressively more. All recorded under a simple to utilize B2B entrance making it accommodating and trouble free for you to find any brand or thing that you are looking for. Partner with overall buyers and suppliers listed on a leading India B2B Marketplace. On this B2B platform you can find business from Hong Kong, China, India, Russia, Vietnam, Germany, Japan, South Korea, United States and Australia.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover