Thursday, February 16, 2012

diy nailhead monogram memo board

Here's an easy project for you to add a little personality to any room!
Customize it by chosing your favorite fabric!

This memo board is for a client I'm helping,
 it will go in their teenage daughter's bedroom above her desk.
If you want more details about what we're doing in her room check them out here,
or other areas of the home here.


I couldn't find the size I wanted, so decided on using two cork boards from Hobby Lobby
and secured them together to get the large 36" x 40" board.


Secure!


I used 1 1/4 yards fabric.
Starched and ironed it making sure to remove all wrinkles.


Using 40" strips of nailhead tacks, I aligned them using my level as the guide.
I simply made sure the level was lined up with the edge of my cork board, it gave me a
 2 1/4" wide border.


Continue all the way around your board making certain your fabric is stretched  taut,
and tacking down your nailheads as you go.



On the back secure the fabric with the nailhead tacks.
 I folded mine just like you would if you were wrapping a gift.
Then screw in 2 D-rings for hanging, one on each side about 6" from the top of your board.



Add  a personalized monogram with your nailhead tacks and you have an
oversized custom memo board!


My friend, Cathy @ Room Rx recently shared her nailhead trimmed memo board,
if you missed it check it out here.
She did an interesting patterned border and used a drop cloth for a neutral linen look,
 creating a unique custom board for her office!

Another awesome blogger, Courtney at A Thoughtful Place,
made one in a bright, cheery geometric, she keeps hers by her backdoor for little reminders!
Hop over and see it here.

And, she got followed the tutorial from Emily at Name 5 Things, go here,
who created hers using a pretty crisp, gray and white chevron print!

You're sure to find one that's your style,
 have fun and send me a picture if you create one!

Happy President's Weekend, Friends!
I'm going to be enjoying time with my favorite boys, so I'll see you on Tuesday! 


Joining Tuesday's Treasures @ Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

19 comments:

Carly Haslee said...

This turned out so well! Such a fun fabric and love the personal touch with the monogram. Enjoy the weekend with your boys! xo

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Very cute! Love that fabric and the nail heads are the perfect touch. That lamp is very yummy, too! Have fun and be safe this weekend!

Unknown said...

That is super cute! Love the fabric.
Have a great weekend yourself!
Nancy
http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/02/curtain-call.html

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Looks great Pam! Love the green leopard print fabric too!

Unknown said...

This is just perfect! From the fabric choice to your unique spin of the monogram...loving it!
Thanks for the shout out too...you are the best! Enjoy your time with your "boys!"
Cathy

Dana Frieling said...

Gee, I wonder what that nailhead is left over from?! Your client is sure to adore her memo board. Very classy!

Leslie said...

Great idea and love the fabric! Enjoy your weekend ~

leslie

Melissa @ Rooms said...

Really cute idea, and relatively easy! Perfect! (Just found your blog through West Pear Avenue:)

Calypso In The Country said...

Great idea Pam! You are becoming quite the nailhead expert! Have a great weekend with the boys!
-Shelley

A room with a view said...

This is fabulous, Pam! Neatly done, too. I have a similar project for my desk area which has been in progress for a couple of months. Had to pick fabric and received the nailhead trim a couple of weeks ago.

Red Door Home said...

I love the added touch of the monogram. Great project!

Lori said...

So cute and I love that fabric! Have fun with your boys!

natasha {schue love} said...

What a fun idea...I love the leopard!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I just can't get enough of nailhead! I have always loved that green cheetah, I have it on a few things myself!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Very cute! I like the initial detail. I'm likin' the stuff you can do with those nail strips:)

Sarah said...

Awesome headboard! I have been wanting to do one of my own lately-you are very inspiring!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

This is a great project. We put up squares of cork for my daughter's inspiration board and I think we need to upgrade to something like this. I love the nail head trim, especially the initial.

Anonymous said...

I love the nailhead detail! Too cute!!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i love how clean and crisp your memo board looks! mom and i are doing a couple, and they need SOMETHING, so we thought we should add some nailhead. problem is, we dont know if you get the stuff from the craft store or for upholstery...?

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover