Monday, May 19, 2014

don't hate me...craigslist campaign dresser


My Craigslist karma continues. :)
For all of you who think I possess some special talent for finding these gems, the truth
 is I've just been lucky. The other morning I popped on CL for a quick minute and saw this
 campaign dresser had been listed only 14 minutes. I told Mr. Simple it was meant to be!  


I thought I could use it for a client, but when I got it home and styled it up with my
 pretty artwork (going on at least 6 months with empty frames) I knew it wasn't going
 anywhere! I'm planning a little summer update for our living room using it, and the
 bamboo chairs I scored a week ago. I feel like I can totally justify switching out furniture
 pieces like I do pillows when I get a deal on a timeless classic. It and the mirror were $30.

This was the Craigslist ad - Dresser and Mirror $40
The bottom drawer on the right was messed up so I nicely asked if she'd be willing to
take less, and she agreed. It was an easy fix when I got home, the track just needed to
be reattached. 


I'm hoping the summer update inspires me to make a decision on some art
and finish that gallery wall!


20 comments:

Brandi said...

It's gorgeous, Pam! I love the way you styled it up! You got it at such a great price too. I need to check CL more often.

sharon smith said...

You've inspired me to check CL frequently and I have found some amazing pieces with prices to match! I almost feel like its a game show, you found it listed in under 15 minutes! What a beautiful piece to add to your home. Great find!
Sharon

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I never find anything on our CL here! Wow and $40?!!!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I can see why you decided to keep it Pam...love the pretty display you created too and LOVE those chairs!!

Shelley | Crazy Wonderful said...

And it looks so cool with the new chairs! Well, you know I love the empty frames :) I am completely in love with how you have the dresser layered over the bottom frames. I must find a way to do that somewhere.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i don't hate you but my eyes would be shooting daggers of jealousy at you if i saw you in person. ;) LOVE and what a deal!!!!! way to go!! high fives all around!

Dana Frieling said...

You're sickening! And, of course, I mean that in the best possible way. ;)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Girl...you are to much! Love it and I still cant believe you found those chairs!

Taylor Jeavons said...

Omg i love it! So nice!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You are unreal! You find the most beautiful pieces ......I don't have that "Gene"
This one is a JEWEL!!!

Haley said...

Man, you've got the craigslist magic. Nice score!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

And....with this you continue to defend your title as the Craig's List Queen! LOVE it! Lately I've been thinking that I MUST squeeze a campaign dresser in somewhere!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Love it, Pam!!!! What a great score. I have lots of that gorgeous artwork, too, you're not alone! ;-)

Bethany DeVore said...

You find the best stuff! What a steal!

Julia Konya said...

Oh what a dream! I've wanted one for ever and the price is awesome. You totally can't use it for a client, you are right. It's a keeper

Tiffany said...

Seriously with your CL finds?! Despite your plea, I'm totally jealous;)

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Amazing! I know there's no way I would ever find anything like that where I am. It's getting better, but dark, heavy and gaudy is still the preferred décor. :(

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

I mean...that's it...I am moving to Colorado!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

LOVE!! looks awesome styled up! can't wait to see what goes in those frames. I'm famous for empty frames at my house too. ;)

Vel Criste said...

I gasped when I saw this on your IG Pam, it's a steal in every sense of the word and $40?????!!! You are lucky and blessed! I would have a hard time using that for anyone's house other than mine too!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover