Monday, May 19, 2014

don't hate me...craigslist campaign dresser


My Craigslist karma continues. :)
For all of you who think I possess some special talent for finding these gems, the truth
 is I've just been lucky. The other morning I popped on CL for a quick minute and saw this
 campaign dresser had been listed only 14 minutes. I told Mr. Simple it was meant to be!  


I thought I could use it for a client, but when I got it home and styled it up with my
 pretty artwork (going on at least 6 months with empty frames) I knew it wasn't going
 anywhere! I'm planning a little summer update for our living room using it, and the
 bamboo chairs I scored a week ago. I feel like I can totally justify switching out furniture
 pieces like I do pillows when I get a deal on a timeless classic. It and the mirror were $30.

This was the Craigslist ad - Dresser and Mirror $40
The bottom drawer on the right was messed up so I nicely asked if she'd be willing to
take less, and she agreed. It was an easy fix when I got home, the track just needed to
be reattached. 


I'm hoping the summer update inspires me to make a decision on some art
and finish that gallery wall!


20 comments:

Brandi said...

It's gorgeous, Pam! I love the way you styled it up! You got it at such a great price too. I need to check CL more often.

Thehouseofhampton said...

You've inspired me to check CL frequently and I have found some amazing pieces with prices to match! I almost feel like its a game show, you found it listed in under 15 minutes! What a beautiful piece to add to your home. Great find!
Sharon

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

I never find anything on our CL here! Wow and $40?!!!!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I can see why you decided to keep it Pam...love the pretty display you created too and LOVE those chairs!!

Crazy Wonderful said...

And it looks so cool with the new chairs! Well, you know I love the empty frames :) I am completely in love with how you have the dresser layered over the bottom frames. I must find a way to do that somewhere.

Cassie Bustamante said...

i don't hate you but my eyes would be shooting daggers of jealousy at you if i saw you in person. ;) LOVE and what a deal!!!!! way to go!! high fives all around!

Dana Frieling said...

You're sickening! And, of course, I mean that in the best possible way. ;)

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Girl...you are to much! Love it and I still cant believe you found those chairs!

Taylor Jeavons said...

Omg i love it! So nice!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You are unreal! You find the most beautiful pieces ......I don't have that "Gene"
This one is a JEWEL!!!

Haley said...

Man, you've got the craigslist magic. Nice score!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

And....with this you continue to defend your title as the Craig's List Queen! LOVE it! Lately I've been thinking that I MUST squeeze a campaign dresser in somewhere!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Love it, Pam!!!! What a great score. I have lots of that gorgeous artwork, too, you're not alone! ;-)

Dwellings by DeVore said...

You find the best stuff! What a steal!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Oh what a dream! I've wanted one for ever and the price is awesome. You totally can't use it for a client, you are right. It's a keeper

Tiffany said...

Seriously with your CL finds?! Despite your plea, I'm totally jealous;)

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

Amazing! I know there's no way I would ever find anything like that where I am. It's getting better, but dark, heavy and gaudy is still the preferred décor. :(

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

I mean...that's it...I am moving to Colorado!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

LOVE!! looks awesome styled up! can't wait to see what goes in those frames. I'm famous for empty frames at my house too. ;)

Vel Criste said...

I gasped when I saw this on your IG Pam, it's a steal in every sense of the word and $40?????!!! You are lucky and blessed! I would have a hard time using that for anyone's house other than mine too!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover