Tuesday, May 14, 2013

potted evergreen...inside!


This pretty room caught my eye while I was perusing Pinterest.
I loved...
the texture of that evergreen in the rustic, aged pot
the statement of an over-sized accessory
the unexpected idea of bringing it indoors
 I immediately thought of all the evergreens I've seen at Home Depot and Lowes 
garden centers lately for $5 - $10 depending on size...  
Babs Watkins

Here are a couple of ideas if you don't have a rustic pot:

Hobby Lobby has them on sale this week 50% off

Terra Cotta Pots are inexpensive, this is my favorite diy to give one some patina:
No tutorial, but Karen from Redoux Interiors explains,
'Cover terra cotta pots in joint compound, let dry, paint and let nature take its course.'

I think it's one of those no fail projects - it looks great even messed up! 


I'm off to get my plant...stop by tomorrow to see what I did with it,
 or go get your own! 

14 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Can't wait to see it. Love this idea!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That pot looks really cool. I can't wait to see your spin on it.

Lori said...

Love the pot and can't wait to see what you do! I need to add some real green to my house.

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

Hmmm. Love the look of it but not sure if it will survive inside... But for $10, give it a shot, right?

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Great idea :) I wonder if an evergreen would stay 'ever' green inside for me???

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that idea from karen! she is so smart!

Unknown said...

Ive got the potting bug, too. Have fun!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the look of the evergreen inside….but I wonder how it would fare? So pretty and different!

Vel Criste said...

Can't wait to see where you place your greens Pam, I do love plants inside the home, it just makes me feel I'm breating in healther and fresher!

Leslie said...

Love them Pam! I have lots of topiary around and greens in the home are so refreshing!

High Cotton Style said...

I think I need to go get a few, too!

Gypsy Heart said...

I love plants in a home but I can't do any type of evergreen ~ very, very allergic! I can't wait to see what you do.

Great idea re: the pots too...thanks!
xo
Pat

Dana Frieling said...

I've never thought of bringing them inside. Love that idea!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Have got to try that joint compound on my terra cotta pots...great idea!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover