Monday, May 13, 2013

new project...

First, I completely forgot to give you all the decision on the HomeGoods table I loved.
 I agree with the majority of you, as much as I loved it and wanted
it to work it's just to bulky for my space. :(

I'm so ready to have my deck and yard together for summer entertaining,
it's usually close to being finished by now, but our May Day snowstorm and several rainy
days and cold nights last week stalled any progress.

Remember last year when I found this settee at a yard sale and re-did the cushions?
I found the bold ikat fabric on the clearance rack for $5 a yard, I knew:

1) It wouldn't last more than one season
2) I'd want something different this summer

Which brings us to the new project, I love the neutral cushions in the inspiration photos
 below. I was pleasantly surprised to find my pattern labeled and ready to go, woo hoo!
 My organization skills have slipped this year, I couldn't even find my paint brushes the other
 day, they were in the fridge, and sadly still are!


Inspiration photo from 2013 To-Do List


Notice how my $5/yard fabric held up over the winter, not! I picked up a drop cloth from
 Lowes for $10.99 I think it will give me the exact look I'm going for.


How sweet is this?
I noticed this sign next to a potted pine tree for sale in the garden section at Lowes.
Right above it was a nest with about four babies.



Another update - In case you're waiting for the 'Deal Alert' on the boxwoods and
evergreens I've been watching, but haven't seen them yet.
 Last year it was on May 9th, so we could be out of luck.   

One more thing, a tip for bloggers! 
Last year I posted this photo when I was re-doing the settee, it showed the new cushion
 I made and the old faded cushion. I found it on the DIY with Pier 1 Pinterest Board
with the description  'diy with creative cushions'
Oh my goodness, seriously, and my name all over it! 
Since then I put text on my photos that states 'In Progress,' to alleviate any confusion!!



Whew, that was wordy ~ I'll go now!

   


21 comments:

Unknown said...

What gorgeous inspiration photos!
Can't wait to see yours
XOX

Cassie Bustamante said...

can't wait to see yours done as well! i am always a neutral girl when it comes to upholstery- you can have fun with pillows! :)

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

The Pier1 story made me laugh! I will out "in Progress" on mine now too.
Can't wait to see your cushions.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I'm working on our porch too! We used the same color cushions and now it's just the fun pillows to go! Can't wait to see yours!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the neutrals and the pillows do take up the slack for patterns! Loved the baby birds!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Haha- the Pier One Pinterest board, you heart must have jumped when you saw it represented as your work!

I love both inspirations, will be so fun to see what you come up with. I have seen drop cloths used for curtains before, I think Brooke Giannetti did that in her last house. I like the design of the settee. Are yu painting it black?

Why oh why should one keep their paint brushes in the fridge..so confused! ;o)

Sweet little nest...springtime is when the miracle of Mother Nature really reveals itself in so many ways!

Unknown said...

Oh yes....that is going to look fantastic...and so you!!! the outdoor fabric I put on my curbside find chairs faded incredibly. I figure one more season for them then I am going to go neutral as well. It's just fun to be able to change things yo isn't it?

pam {simple details} said...

Cindy ~ I always pop my paint brushes in the fridge if I'm midway in a project, saves me from washing them out several times during the painting. Trick I learned from bloggers. :)

Dana Frieling said...

Super cool that Pier 1 picked up one of your pins, even if it was a progress pic.! Looking forward to seeing your redo.

Lori said...

I love the neutral cushions and that stone console! Can't wait to see what you create.

designchic said...

It's going to be amazing. I love the neutral cushions - we too chose the off white cushions for ours. Can't wait to see it all done~~!!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

love your plans! Simple and clean! The inspiration photo is dynamite!
The weather in Georgia has been chilly, if not cold! Just this weekend things began to change! I'm giving up on flowers! I usually get huge pots and watch them die! I had fabulous luck last year with fern at front door, very inexpensive at Lowes ($7.00) for a large pot. Think I'll use them in the back. Will soften the hard surfaces and be lushy green!

Vel Criste said...

Pam, whatever you come up with, I am super sure it will look fabulous. I still have to bring out all my outdoor stuff as well. :-) Hope you had a wonderful Mothers day!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Look forward to see what you do...

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love your inspiration photos..I already know that its going to look great...you have that magic touch!

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see how it comes out. Love the image of the baby birds. So so so sweet.

Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home said...

That is too funny about the Pier 1 board!

Unknown said...

I would love to have an outdoor covered porch and a big lounge area. My deck area is narrow and not big enough for more than a few chairs. Have fun and good note to self about the Progress shot photos!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So funny about your cushions, but pretty cool that it was on the Pier 1 board! I love your inspiration photos today, in particular that first one. I have long wanted a gravel patio for our firepit and that photo is getting me fired up all over again (bad pun). Can't wait to see your new, neutral cushions!

Unknown said...

Can you please tell me where the first inspiration photo is from? I love the gravel patio and am looking for additional photos of it. I have scoured the web and can't find it anywhere! Thank you!

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Jami - I'm so sorry, the best I could do was trace it back to this pin which was pinned from Facebook.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/347269821237003872/

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover