Monday, May 27, 2013

modmood/retro consignment...

Hope you all enjoyed the long weekend,
 as usual we packed in a lot of fun with friends, family and, of course, food! 
Last week a friend and I went to an open house a unique local store, 

modmood/RETRO Consignment
modmood features contemporary and designer furniture, lighting, area rugs, art, and other cutting edge
furnishings. RETRO Consignment caters to mid-century enthusiasts, vintage collectors and everyone
looking for unusual and fun americana. It is the place to shop for and consign pieces.
7700 W. 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge, CO 


I was completely smitten with this large oval storage ottoman by Norwalk,
 the bold pink and orange print was lively and modern yet the style felt classic.


It had been awhile since I'd seen pieces from Norwalk Furniture,
 I was impressed with their furniture and fabric lines available through modmood.


Love these colors and textures...


Lots of painted furniture in bright, vibrant hues...  


Is it me, or do some of these colors look awfully close to mauve....
Great peacock pillow.



A collection of their vintage pieces are in the back in an old greenhouse.
HUGE lamps...

I immediately thought of my friends Linda and Jennifer when I saw these...
$40 for the pair.


I tried to talk my friend into this aged brass, beauty...


Aqua leather with nail head trim...fabulous...


 Stop by if you're local, it's a fun outing!

Today I'm working on a diy project ~ yard art ~ to be revealed this week! :)



22 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

What a fun place. Love the chair and glass and brass coffee table.

Luci @Bungalow At Home said...

What a cool place! So, it's a mixture of old and reproductions? I wish we had something like that here!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Wow! You got that right about those lamps...and a lot more. What a great store. I love yard art, can't wait to see yours.

Unknown said...

How fun! I will definitely stop by. Thanks for sharing. I love the coffee table.

Brandi said...

Looks like a fun place to explore. Even better to shop with a friend. Those lamps were a great price. I really liked the fun colors for the furniture too.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, what a great selection it looks like they have, Pam! I love all the colorful furniture.

Kim said...

OOH, this looks fun and FRESH!! Love the colors, textures and inspiration oozing here!! xo

Naz said...

I wish it was closer to me because I'd be there all the time. Wow....!!

Unknown said...

What a fun store! Alot of the stuff looks new! Great find and Im sure I wouldn't get out of their alive!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Oh I wanna shop there! But please tell me mauve isn't coming back! GAH!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh my gosh, what a fab find! I want to fly out and go to these stores with you! I went to a great consignment store this weekend too, with my mom-in-law, and we we shopped 'til we dropped! So fun to spend other people's money! I adore that consignment shops are "in", some of the furniture is just so much nicer in quality than brand new!

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a fun fun place! oh that aqua chair!!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Oh that back room looks like heaven! What a great place to spend an afternoon!

Dana Frieling said...

Um, yes, you must take me there when I come visit! ;) One day, right?

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Great place. Love, love that first sofa!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Those lamps! I want! Looks like a fun store:)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a great place!!!...Next time I am in the area, I am going to make a point to go there!!!

Jen (House of Ruby Jean) said...

I cannot wait to go! Thanks for sharing, Pam!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Gee what a fun place....and I'm here on Isolation Island!

Unknown said...

Love the aqua leather chair!

Vel Criste said...

A lot of eye candy Pam! Thank your for taking us along! I love those chrome chairs and those lamps that I agree with you, Jennifer and Linda would snatch in a heartbeat! :-)Cant waiit to see your project!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Thanks for the shout out, Pam! I want that pair of lamps! Also, that brass coffee table! I think I'd go crazy in this store. Too much I couldn't pass up!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover