Here's a recap of my 12th Annual Christmas party with my girlfriends, this year's theme:
'My Favorite Things'
If you missed the invitation and details you can get the scoop here.
As usual the photos are limited, I just wanna have fun!
Prepping the buffet and lighting candles before the girls arrive...
Stilton Stuffed Dates wrapped in Bacon
Individual Shrimp Ceviche with Tortilla Triangles
Roast Beef with Rosemary Mayonnaise on Pumpernickle
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Warm Molten Chocolate Cake
After everyone arrived and had drinks in hand we passed this bowl,
we all drew five names ~ these would be the recipients of our gifts...
we all LOVED getting five gifts, I usually do a new theme each year, but somehow
I need to work in a repeat of the five for next year's theme.
1. Smartwool socks - over the limit, but our friend has connections!
2. EOS Lip Balm packaged in the fun Chinese take out box.
3. Revlon's Creme Brulee nail polish
4. Hanky Panky knock off in front
5. English Toffee beautifully packaged below
Do you remember my talented neighbor I told you about here?
She never ceases to amaze us! Look at the details, she used a garden marker as the tag!
And she brought them all perfectly arranged in this burlap lined wire basket,
which gets to live at my house... :)
The other CLEVER ideas...
* Box of tea and mug from the non-coffee drinker
* Silver snowflake ornament from the skiier
* Sourdough Starter passed down from a Grandma
along with a whisk, and pancake recipe
* A collection of functional items from our favorite who claims she's not artsy
* Favorite Drinks - bottle of beer, mini bottle of wine,
Starbucks individual packets to go with a Baileys miniature
* And, my Ikea tins I showed you yesterday here.
I have no idea what I'm doing, but it was the best of the bunch.
Leopard blouse and green skinnies, Rio and I share the pearls, my turn tonight.
This was the look I was going for, I like it much better than what I ended up with,
I had pinned it about 8 months ago and thought I remembered leopard blouse...wrong.
The ironic thing is I have a the exact belt and blouse...can't believe I didn't look at my
Pinterest board. If you'd like to check them out go here.
get-together I highly recommend it!