Monday, December 17, 2012

wrapping it up...a plan


Do you guys remember last year when I showed you my collection of ribbon and wrap
I scooped up at the After Christmas Sale here? (I also showed how easy it is to create
several different looks from a couple rolls of black and white paper.)

Here it is packaged for a *WOW* factor when the recipients open the BIG box from UPS!  

I like to have a color scheme or theme to keep the look cohesive.
I went with what was on sale last year... 
Candy Cane Stripes, Peppermint Candy, Polka Dots
 Red, White and Green
 and found fun items to pull it all together. 


This cute 'Snowball Fight' bucket was from Gordmans, it included six soft fabric
 snowballs, I added a little snow for fun. 


Who wouldn't love S'mores and Hot Cocoa? Especially if it coordinates!! :)
(detail boy and I aren't s'mores fans, but mr. simple makes up for us)
I embellished this boxed S'Mores and Hot Cocoa set with some bright ribbon,
 the silver bell ornament and tag. 


A unique container I filled with chocolate Santas and 
a gift for the mom,  a candle boxed in a complimentary color.


I'm sure I have as much fun putting this together as they do opening it!
It doesn't take much more time or money to deliver beautifully wrapped gifts,
 just a little planning the wrap and ribbon at the After Christmas Sales.
Don't fret over it being overwhelming, just grab what coordinates and it will work!

 Another tip:  Take a photo of what you've purchased and put it in your 2013
calendar under October or November and when it comes time to think about
the holidays next year you'll have a head start.


Do you shop the after Christmas sales?
Stay tuned for a post later this week for what's on my list this year and
thinking outside the box when shopping.  


18 comments:

Unknown said...

I do shop the After Christmas Sales. That's always so much fun, especially stocking up on the paper and ribbons for the next year! Your gifts are beautiful! A gift within themselves!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Love your wrapping. Love those colors. They are my favorite. Bet whom ever receives them will hate breaking the gorgeous paper. I rarely shop the day after Christmas, unless there is one thing I really like or want. I do shop though after the New Year. The sales are much better and not so many people out there because they are tired from staying up late waiting for the New Year. Hope that makes sense.
Can't wait to see what is up your sleeve next. TFS. ana

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Are you kidding, there are a few sweaters and a coat that I will be picking up after the holidays.

Dana Frieling said...

Ummm, we can't be friends anymore now that you've divulged your s'more secret! I honestly think it's a sin not to like s'mores. ha! My poor kids are anxious awaiting wrapped presents to appear under our tree. Momma forgot to shop the after Christmas sales last year and I don't have any wrapping paper. They're so neglected.

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW- that is the most fetive and happy wrap i have seen!!! the snowball fight bucket is awesome!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Unbelievably beautiful! Your photos are so amazing and your recipients will be thrilled to receive all of this. I agree with Dana about your s'mores choice!!!!!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Beautiful!
I shop the sales when I can. And I will have to show you this years packaging - I sort of handed it over to my 13 year old. We have a lot of different colors of duct tape right now. Any idea what our stuff looks like?!!!! ;)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Pam you amaze me more and more, daily!
Your "packages" rival what Neiman and Marcus could even come up with!
Your tips are the Best!
Thanks ......

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Magazine worthy! Yes, I would LOVE to receive that gift and would definitely be "WOWED". I always stick with a color theme and stock up throughout the year. I adore pretty packages!

Lori said...

Oh what fun it is to wrap! I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled. I've got to pick up a snowball fight today! Your are a master wrapper, Pam!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow - who cares what's in the boxes when the packages look that pretty!!! How exciting to open a box and find those inside!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great ideas and so festive....Your packages are beautiful...

Holly Gruszka said...

I like your idea about the photo for next year - that's a great idea. I haven't been doing the after Christmas sales at all but I know I'm probably missing some great deals. Although sometimes I can still find some good stuff a few weeks after Christmas on clearance.

Unknown said...

I love how you tie it all together with beautiful and small details. I would love getting a box in the mail if it looked like this when you opened it =)

My Little Bungalow said...

Hooray for red and green wrapping paper! It's so festive and really says "Christmas" to me. Yes, I shop the after Christmas sales, especially to buy my favorite cards by Great Arrow at half price!
Claudia

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Sometimes I do after Christmas sales and sometimes I don't. It's a good idea to take a photo of your wrapping and refer to it in October. Looking forward to your tips on shopping.

Leslie said...

I'm seeing some wonderful sales NOW! Such a great idea to take a photo for next year.

I am usually busy with company, exhausted and tired of running around by the time the week between Christmas and New Years arrives.

such pretty wrapping Pam!!

Morgan said...

I love after Christmas shopping. I usually find some pretty sweet deals. :) This year I didn't do too much, but I got a few things at Target for 75% off. :) Always nice!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover