Thursday, December 20, 2012

my after Christmas sale list...

I don't do Black Friday, I'm not lined up at the stores at 6am on the 26th,
but I do love the challenge of finding great bargains, however, the main motivation
 for me to hit the sales is getting a jump start on next year's gifts, wrapping supplies
and decor.

Make a plan of  items you're looking for, but be open!

I like small boutiques for unique items and gifts.
Hit them early, and if you have time scope out their merchandise a couple days before.

Here are a few items on my list this year, besides the usual ribbon and wrap.

Faux Fur Throws
are hot items, and go quickly, I have one in the living room, but would love to find
 one to warm up my white Ikea sectional in the family room.
Restoration Hardware has a nice selection, marked down to $79,  but I bet
they'll be reduced further depending on stock. Still available online.

wanderwithstyle.com 

Scented Gifts
This is a favorite evergreen scent that makes wonderful gifts, found at boutiques
and specialty stores - it goes quickly, too.
Thymes Frasier Fir
Candle $28, Diffuser $60, Room Spray $18


Embellish Gifts
I'm always looking for interesting items to embellish gifts...ornaments, monograms,
 picks, think of items you can use for occasions other than Christmas, too.

           pine cone, evergreen                

Add Holly Leaves or Similar for Christmas Wrapping

Think outside the box
Don't forget the power of paint and glitter...if you don't see the perfect item.


from this...to this...




bbfi-oceania.com

or this to this...

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage

Planters
Did you plant paperwhites this year, if so, I'm sure you've been enjoying them for a
 couple weeks, they'd be such a nice gift for a hostess or neighbor early in the season.
Be on the look out for a unique planter to use next year.

Paperwhites & Cranberries


paperwhites

wreath in window, paperwhites,

Christmas Books
Fun gifts for children, adults, or styling your coffee table.
I love Christmas in American, Colorado Christmas, The Christmas Box.


kittenslostthermittens.com

I usually wait to buy ribbon and wrap about a week or more after Christmas when it's
 marked down even further.

Have a great weekend, hope you enjoy the last of your shopping and preparations!
I'll be back on Monday and then I'm signing off until after the New Year to hang out with
 my family, head to the mountains for some skiing, and get my completely unorganized
 house back in order!
  

23 comments:

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind although I will be gone with my Dad after Christmas. Have fun shopping and with family and friends. Thank you for opening the doors to your home and sharing with us strangers, bloggers. ANA

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I was just thinking last night it would be fun to see what other bloggers look for after Christmas. Last year my mom and I had a party in the container store with their wrapping supplies: the best!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I am with ya...I do not do Black Friday, but I hit the specialty stores after Christmas....that is when I get most of my Christmas items...usually on clearance from 50 to 75% off....I have the Thymes Frasir fir diffuser and soap...they are wonderful...I place the diffuser under my "fake tree"...it makes it smell real!!! Happy shopping!!

Calypso In The Country said...

Great tips. I need to do some better planning. But you will never see me out on Black Friday either. It cracks me up how people will actually camp outside of a store to get a good deal. Strange. Have fun shopping this weekend! I will be finishing up my wrapping and stocking stuffers! Merry Christmas!
Cheers! - Shelley

McKae @ Kaes Corner Design said...

Great tips! For some reason I don't normally do much after Christmas shopping; I think I'm all shopped out by that point. But I have every intention of doing some this year. I plan on stocking up on wrapping supplies and maybe a few christmas books.

Unknown said...

That's a great list Pam! I am not brave enough to venture out for bargains until January, when everyone is back to school and work... occasionally at that point there is something good to be had! Have a wonderful holiday, enjoy your time with family and take a run for me, sounds like a spectacular way to spend your break!
XOXO

Dana Frieling said...

I love the book tip. I've never thought to add those to my list. Hope you score all you're looking for!

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i hope you get everything you want for christmas pam!!!

charmaine said...

Great tips! I'll be looking for some ornaments for next year.
Have a Merry Christmas Pam!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Good organization and inspiration. I've made my list and will be ready to tackle the stores on the 26th!

A room with a view said...

You have some of the best ideas! I am not at all an after-Christmas shopper but the gift embellishment, planters and Christmas books, in fact all your ideas, are great. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Great ideas! That's why you're the master, youre thinking ahead! I can't think beyond tomorrow at the moment! Have a great weekend.
Happy Christmas!
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Wonderful hints!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Oh Pam, I am with you. I love picking things up for about 80% off. I'm looking for flannel PJ's and slipper. Call me practical.

Lori said...

Thanks for disclosing your secrets, Pam. Now I don't have to stalk you as I had planned! I'm excited to paint my navity scene. What a great idea! Is that photo your nativity, and if so, can you share what type of paint you used?

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Merry Christmas Pam! Thank you for sharing some of your after holiday tips. Have fun skiing next week.

ECKDesign said...

Love the book idea too! I can look for them with my picture bibles! =o)

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Great tips! I can't wait to go shopping after Christmas!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

Gifting Christmas books is a great idea. We had a great tradition of reading "The Night Before Christmas" on Christmas Eve in my family when I was a kid. Hope you have a fantastic holiday, Pam!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Ooh, I hadn't thought of Christmas books, but that's a great idea! Happy new year to you!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I've thought about you and wrapping paper every time I've walked through HL the last few days. Ours don't have any left! I don't know if they took it all out before the sale this year or what, but we're only at 66% off and it is GONE. Strange. I hope you had a GREAT Christmas and very Happy New Year. I'm almost ready to get back into the swing of things, I've missed everyone! :)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Great ideas, Pam. Love that pic from "At Home in Arkansas" {I subscribe to their magazine & I'm CRAZY about it}. Happy new year to one of my favorite bloggers!

Warmly, Michelle
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Jack said...

Whether you are a shopaholic or not, if there are good deals on the deck you must get your hands on it. After Christmas Deals is following after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you missed out on any deal or your favorite gift, worry not. Get amazing discounts and offers on numerous products this Christmas Sale.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover