Sunday, March 18, 2012

artwork...high style, low budget


The flamingo artwork reveal!




For a cohesive look I chose simple large white mats for all the pieces,
 and frames in a gold tones.
I decided to include a shelf for dimension.
An idea to give that little shelf some pizazz is whirling around in my head, surprised?  
I love using seasonal flowers for added interest.
I hope you appreciate the pink tulips, I went to five stores to find them,
a woman with a mission!


  
Framed vintage flamingo stamps.
Layering frames on top of each other is another way to achieve interest.
  
  
All of the frames I found at thrift stores, and painted, I showed you here.
The prints are matted and framed using my low cost tip, here.

 
  
Other side of the french doors...

 
  
The artwork is from imagekind.com here, or
 free prints from the NYPL Digital Gallery, I filled you in here.

 
  
The urn is an old piece I've had forever.
I followed Deborah Needleman's advice I shared here,
 she says every room needs a little patina. 



Onto the next dining room project, I'm thinking the room needs a little more
patina! 

Something special tomorrow, you won't want to miss!


Join me at
Uncommon Slice of Suburbia's Tuesday's Treasures here,
Savvy Southern Style's Wow us Wednesdays here,
and The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday here.


  

20 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You knocked these out of the park! And, you got your stamps and framed them quickly! I love the mix of color prints and black and whites. The shelf adds the perfect amount of interest and dimension. What a stylish focal point for the room! (The tulips are picture perfect, too!)

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

The artwork looks great! It fills the wall beautifully and interestingly. I imagine your total cost was very small and yet such a complete project.
Love the pink tulips!!!!!

A room with a view said...

This looks amazing, Pam! I love the artwork together and layered and with those gorgeous frames. Great idea to incorporate a shelf. Yes, and those tulips are perfect in the clear vase - they add interest, natural element and tie-in with their color but do not take away from the vignette. You must be enjoying this new project1

Holly Gruszka said...

I really like the way that you layered your artwork - it looks really great. Tulips are my favorite - they look so pretty. you're motivating me to get my wall of treasures in order. Ah so much to do, so little time. Hope you had a great weekend!!

Dana Frieling said...

Your patience paid off! It turned out fantastic. High end for a low price...my favorite combo.

Unknown said...

Perfect, Love how you hung these pieces in an unexpected way. The various flamingo prints and stamps give the feel of more traditional botanicals but are fun and eclectic. You've got the vision...!

Lori said...

Just beautiful. I love all of the layering and the variety of art. The pink tulips are perfect too!

Unknown said...

What a pretty display! I love the large white mattes - they really make the artwork stand out!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

They turned out great, Pam. I always like using large white mats because they seem to give the artwork more importance.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ahhhhhh I knew you would make the flamingos interesting and fabulous! I love the layering, the various sizes, the matting and small pop of pink!! (And of course, the perfect pink tulips!!) Great job Pam! What time is dinner on Saturday night???

Leslie said...

Love those flamingos Pam! The tulips are the perfect addition to the framed pictures. :)

pcb said...

Beautiful! I love that it's not over the top yet so visually compelling.

Alexa said...

Love the look of gold frames. This looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the grouping and that shelf is pure genius!

Carolyn
{my simple messterpiece}

Calypso In The Country said...

I love the way the frames turned out and how you layered them! The tulips are the perfect finishing touch!
-Shelley

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I love the variety of prints and frames that you chose Pam, it ended up perfect! Ps- started my wheat grass this weekend thanks to your tips:)

Ange said...

Oh you know how I love flamingos and you knocked the ball out of the park with this one! Beautiful! Love the frames, the pops of pink, the pink tulips, the patina, the thriftyness of it all. Gorgeous!

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! i just stumbled across your blog today and am super impressed with your creativity and decorating skills :) keep it up!

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic - I love framed prints with beautiful mats, and those flamingos are gorgeous! xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

PERFECTION!! Love the grouping and how you added the shelf!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover