Sunday, March 25, 2012

party postponed...


Not really, just the blog post!

Has this ever happened to you?  You're writing your post, uploading your photos and
all of a sudden you get the message your photo storage is FULL, you may purchase
more, but it may take 24 hours... ok, Plan B! 


To the rescue...
Deborah Needleman's 10 Odd Yet Essential Elements of Style

Ethnic Textiles

"Handcrafted textiles bring coziness to a room and worldliness to a home. Some personal favorites
 include Central Asian suzanis and ikats, Indonesian and West African batiks, Moroccan wedding
 blankets and American quilts.  These can be draped over a table, laid on a bed, made into pillows
 or hung over the back of a sofa. Since every room can handle one of these far flung treasures,
 when love strikes, buy it. You can figure out what to do with it later.

In Spring colors, of course!

living rooms - Silver French Flea Market Table purple ikat chairs black and white rug  ikat chairs  purple ikat french bergere chairs, white
decorpad.com

 
living rooms - art natural wood black beige ikat console fabric drum shade round coffee table rug lamps teal eclectic  Lucy Fenton via DTI
decorpad.com

kristen buckingham

decoration home inspiration  Textile Spotlight: Suzani
decorpad.com


houzz.com
shulmanart.blogspot.co,


lostindecoration.tumblr.com
  

elledecor.com


Sarah Richardson


Sarah Richardson

I don't have ANY ethnic textiles, do you?

I love the look, Cost Plus or Pier 1 might be a good choice if you
aren't going to Morocco or Indonesia anytime soon!


Hopefully the party pictures tomorrow!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these photoss....I recently bought a Moroccan pattern rug and Im so inlove with it :)))
xoxo
Rasha

Lori said...

Such pretty photos. I want to add a Moroccan geometric somewhere.

I wish I could have been a flamingo on the wall(!) at your party! I can't wait to see the photos. I'm sure everything was beautiful.

Holly Gruszka said...

I have an ikat pillow and I do really love it. I find that a lot of people I've recommended an ikat style too aren't really that into it for some reason. I've always loved it for that touch of global/worldly style. I had picked up a few older magazines at my Mom's a while back (not that old just back to 2007) but I was surprised to see so many ikat and suzani prints even in those issues as well. Guess I wasn't as "tuned in" at that point. These posts really have me thinking that I need to pick up Deborah's book soon too.

Dana Frieling said...

Just bought my first ethnic accessories...a throw made of Indian sari fabrics. It's going to cause a bedroom redo. Not sure if it was such a smart purchase investment wise. ha!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I have Irish linens - does that count? :) Not exactly ethnic-looking. I love how these add a punch of color to a space! So pretty.
And yes, that has happened to me where I had to purchase more space - ugh! Looking forward to your party photos - hope the night went great!

Carly Haslee said...

Well this is quite the Plan B :) I do not have any ethnic textiles, but I think I need some on the double. Holy gorgeousness. Love them frames or paired together.

A room with a view said...

I do have a lot of ethnic textiles - naturally! I enjoy them but try to rotate them - they lend great color and pattern when needed. Love these pictures and look forward to your party pics!

Lisa Mende said...

ooohh! i love all of these. I don't have any but have put in my client's homes.

Unknown said...

Now Im disappointed! Ive been waiting for your post party pictures!!! Hope it was a success! I know your house was AMAZING!
Lovely patterns, textiles, suzanis! Love it all.
Have a good week, hope you take a breather :)
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Yesterday I found myself wondering how the party went! Can't wait to see the pics! :)

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I love ethnic textiles. I think they can make a space feel so warm and traveled. We have some suzani prints, but that's about it (for now!) Looking forward to seeing the party pics! :)

Ange said...

Beautiful pics this morning,even if they aren't of the party! ;) I don't really have any either, time to remedy that situation. The brass bed is my favorite picture, I think I need to pin it. Thanks for sharing this morning and looking forward to seeing the party pics!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I can't think of anything other than a few decorative ikat pillows. Hubby is going overseas though, I'll have to have him scout out something good! Good luck with the pictures!

Leslie said...

ikat pillows are so lovely - and that bench is so pretty!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

You may not actually have met your quota of pics. I did the whole purchase thing when it first came up that I needed to purchase more. A year later when it was time to renew I let it run out because I was working on my new blog anyway. And guess what? I could still upload photos and have not had a problem since. And I'm not paying for storage. blogger has a lot of clitches I'm sorry to say.
Hope it all works out ok for you!

Heather said...

I have never considered American quilts an "ethnic textile," but if they count, I have a TON. Both of my grandmothers were quilters and I hope to learn myself some day so that I can pass this skill on.

Maureen Stevens said...

ohhh, ethnic & vibrant! adore!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover