Wednesday, March 7, 2012

simple birthday presentation

This isn't my typical diy post, but I thought I'd share a tip that's easy, yet
 fun and festive!  

It's all about the presentation...



1.  Box cake mix looks like homemade much nicer if it is layered and put on a cake stand!
Make 2 round cakes, slice each in half to get four layers.

(I like to use box cake mix, but homemade frosting.)

2. For the coordinating cake decor I cut out 3 flowers from the gift wrap, glued them to
cardstock and glued that to wooden skewers.
I left room in front for the candles.


3.  It makes a festive presentation if your gift wrap coordinates, simple white gift bags
from the Dollar Store go with any combination and are easy to keep on hand.
Write a name or sentiment in coordinating colors.



A simple idea to take your celebration up a notch!


 

16 comments:

Jennifer L. Griffin said...

Yummmm, German Chocolate? Very, very cute! Simple, yet so impressive!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOW!! That looks seriously amazing!!

Holly said...

I like changing it up like this - great stuff Pam - and you're so good with party packages and coordinating everything.

Cathy Wall said...

Such "Pam" touches! Love it! Whose birthday anyway?

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

what a cute idea! I love the wrapping paper cut out/on cardstock stuck on the cake with skewers!! mmm that cake looks delish!

Lori said...

Pam, you do EVERYTHING with such style. Do I recognize some of the pretty supplies from your after-Christmas sale finds? Shall I tell you how many days until my birthday?!

Leslie said...

Haha! Yes :) to box cakes on a nice cake stand! Looks fun Pam!

Nancy said...

so cute, you really have GREAT taste
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

So cute! Do I spy German chocolate? ...... love that you use doilies on your cake stand too! Hope it was a wonderful celebration!

Nicole said...

That cake looks delish!! I love all the wrapping paper & the bags, especially the zebra looking ribbon. I'm a new follower!

Meg {henninglove} said...

yum that cake looks delicious!!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Great post and super cute details. I'm new to Denver and just found your blog!

Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder said...

What time should I be over for a piece? Izzy is loved!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

Such a wonderful and pretty idea!

Mae said...

love these ideas! you are so talented! xx

natasha {schue love} said...

Fun tips...I agree...a cake made from the box can still be super special with the right presentation!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover