Wednesday, March 7, 2012

simple birthday presentation

This isn't my typical diy post, but I thought I'd share a tip that's easy, yet
 fun and festive!  

It's all about the presentation...



1.  Box cake mix looks like homemade much nicer if it is layered and put on a cake stand!
Make 2 round cakes, slice each in half to get four layers.

(I like to use box cake mix, but homemade frosting.)

2. For the coordinating cake decor I cut out 3 flowers from the gift wrap, glued them to
cardstock and glued that to wooden skewers.
I left room in front for the candles.


3.  It makes a festive presentation if your gift wrap coordinates, simple white gift bags
from the Dollar Store go with any combination and are easy to keep on hand.
Write a name or sentiment in coordinating colors.



A simple idea to take your celebration up a notch!


 

17 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Yummmm, German Chocolate? Very, very cute! Simple, yet so impressive!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOW!! That looks seriously amazing!!

Holly Gruszka said...

I like changing it up like this - great stuff Pam - and you're so good with party packages and coordinating everything.

Unknown said...

Such "Pam" touches! Love it! Whose birthday anyway?

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

what a cute idea! I love the wrapping paper cut out/on cardstock stuck on the cake with skewers!! mmm that cake looks delish!

Lori said...

Pam, you do EVERYTHING with such style. Do I recognize some of the pretty supplies from your after-Christmas sale finds? Shall I tell you how many days until my birthday?!

Leslie said...

Haha! Yes :) to box cakes on a nice cake stand! Looks fun Pam!

Unknown said...

so cute, you really have GREAT taste
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

So cute! Do I spy German chocolate? ...... love that you use doilies on your cake stand too! Hope it was a wonderful celebration!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

That cake looks delish!! I love all the wrapping paper & the bags, especially the zebra looking ribbon. I'm a new follower!

henning love said...

yum that cake looks delicious!!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Great post and super cute details. I'm new to Denver and just found your blog!

Dana Frieling said...

What time should I be over for a piece? Izzy is loved!

A room with a view said...

Such a wonderful and pretty idea!

Mae B said...

love these ideas! you are so talented! xx

natasha {schue love} said...

Fun tips...I agree...a cake made from the box can still be super special with the right presentation!

lovgod said...

Fun tips...I agree...a cake made from the box can still be super special with the right presentation!
conference room chairs
hanging chair
leather chair
chaise lounge sofa
modern coffee table

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover