Thursday, November 1, 2012

every action has consequences...


I'm going to be organized and on top of it this year!!
Sound familiar?
A couple years ago we had guests that arrived a few days before Christmas and left
 a few days after, I knew I had to be super organized in order to enjoy the visit.
 I remember baking cookies, sledding, going ice skating on Christmas Eve day.
It was fun and relaxing...no last minute trips to the mall for something cute to wear,
grabbing stocking stuffers on Christmas Eve, marathon gift wrapping at midnight,
 then making pie crusts for Christmas dinner....
Sound familiar?

I found this great list and already feel good about focusing on actions that will lead
 to a month I'll look forward to.

12 things to do this November to get Ready...


Kelly from the The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking
did a great job putting together this doable list of 12 items here.

chalkboard in frame with wreath.
sayyestohoboken.com

If I tell you I'm going to do it, and have to be accountable
chances improve that I'll follow through, here's where I'm at on the list...

1.  I'll commit to something this weekend.
2.  I did it once and it was so nice to have it off the list early.
3. Salon appointment is booked - priorities!
4. HA!
5.  I'm going to try.
6. Done - Annual Girlfriend Party (Dec. 4th), theme and invites decided.
7. Easy, I can start adding items to my grocery list every week this month.
8. Great idea and so simple, I just wouldn't have thought of it.
9. This is Mr. Simple's area - I'll suggest it.
10. BIG - I'm going to do it this weekend.
11. Great idea, if it's on the calendar that's key for us.
12. Highly unlikely I'll have time for this! :)

Check out Kelly's list and let me know if you're up for the challenge with me?


13 comments:

Linny said...

Good idea making a list now for the holidays! I bet you will get everything done you need to do and have plenty of time to relax! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xo

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Good ideas! I like to use the month of November for gift buying. Now that our kids are older, we restrict gifts to stocking size to make it easier. Also make a Costco run for frozen appetizers and desserts. I am getting lazier and lazier each year. The baking I used to do wore me out! I now just bake a few family cookie recipes and freeze them. We bought the narcissus and amaryllis yesterday, thanks to your reminder! Going to try some of them in the alcohol/water solution. Have a great weekend, Pam! Hoping to see the sun here. It has rained for 6 days straight!

Unknown said...

so true, this is a great list! What is that they say, If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail! I hadn't thought about alot of these things, although I have started baking and freezing. Have a great weekend Pam.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I'm on board! This will be fun, I love to think I will be organized come December! Happy Weekend Pam!

charmaine said...

Great list! I think I'm going to do #3 first too. Ha!
Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

What a great list! Boy would you chuckle at mine-- remove baseboards, remove tile flooring, get flooring installed...!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh good I have one thing on that list done already - the hair appointment! The rest - aghghgh! I can't believe how the holidays are creeping up this year. Thanks for sharing this list and kicking my butt into organization mode!

Happy weekend Pam!

Dana Frieling said...

Thinking about how close Christmas is is a little overwhelming at this point. Lists stress me out. Is that contradictory? Will you come do my planning for me? ha!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great idea....I'm going to start my shopping next week!

decorayadora said...

Yo adore esa pizarra. I love your blog. Yo dia a dia visito su blog used tine una nueva seguidora de Chile. I have a new follower from chile

Cassie Bustamante said...

this is why i can't commit on my blog publicly.... then i have to admit publicly when i fail. ;) you can do it though, i have faith!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

I kicked off my Holiday Countdown series last week. Last year it really kept me on track and it was the first Christmas in a long time I actually didn't stress over. I think I'll need to add a few of these things to my list- forgot about the salon appointments!

Meredith and the New Yorkie said...

Love this list! Making all beautification appointments (for both of us!) today! Thanks so much for sharing, Pam!

xoxo,
mk & Gwynnie

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover