Wednesday, November 7, 2012

cherish your nightstand...


Remember last month when I shared a favorite way to use interesting, unique,
 fun or funky chairs for your entry,  in my post, interest for your entry here.
Did you ever think of using one to inject some personality into your room by creating a nightstand?
Underneath is begging for a pile of design magazines!

Check out these different styles from traditional to cottage to bistro to industrial...

chair as nightstand
houzz.com
Be Our Guest - love the colors and the idea of the chair as a nightstand.
bhg.com
Using an old chair as a nightstand. Another super cute idea. :)
houzz.com
design*sponge

Double Duty: chair as nightstand
idreamofchairs.com

Chair as nightstand.
realsimple.com
 Chair as nightstand...
apartmenttherapy.com
Love the texture.  And the chair serving as a nightstand.
urbanoutfitters.com
yellow chair as a nightstand.
dyingofcute.tumblr.com

The next time you're scouring Craigslist, thrifting or at a garage sale and you see a
lonely chair at a bargain price imagine it in a spiffed up in a new setting.

Any chance anyone out there has an addiction to chairs?


15 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I am directly emailing this post to my husband. Thank you Pam! You unknowingly just made my haphazard placement of a little chair next to his side of the bed (for lack of a place for the alarm clock while I'm on the hunt for nightstands) a chic design choice!! I love these inspiration pics - I need to go style the chair in our bedroom with magazines!

Holly Gruszka said...

I used that gossip bench/chair that I found as my nightstand and it's been great. I haven't had much time to work on our room lately, but I still need to finish some things up. A chair can function in so many ways. That last yellow one brings a smile to my face - how fun.

Cotton said...

I love the wicker rug in the real simple photo!

Cassie Bustamante said...

chairish your nightstand. i love it!!! great idea, too. i think this works especially well for guest rooms where you don't necessarily need storage but a place to set things.

charmaine said...

I should use this idea since I'm addicted to chairs!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Love this idea!!!! It's fabulous. How great art thou!!!

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

This is the upgraded version of putting a chair beside your bed because you have no furniture! I think the painted ones appeal to me the most, and I love the layering.

Dana Frieling said...

Well, that certainly makes things easy, now doesn't it?! I'm a fan of this option.

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

I love the idea....and actually use it for one side of my guest bedroom that has more limited space!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I just love the inspiration! And the chair idea gets rid of the miscellaneous junk drawer phenom that happens in our bedroom!

:)

Linda

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I do, I do! :) Love the little rustic green folding chair. Great ideas!

Stacy CUrran said...

OMG another reasons to buy chairs. I'm in trouble. This is BRILLIANT though. I have to say, I've never seen it before! I love the first one with the swing arm lamp over it. Love this post!
Stacy

Sew a Fine Seam said...

I like chairs for nightstands!

pcb said...

Glad I'm not the only one with this idea...makes me feel smart!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

This is such a great idea! I actually have a lonely wooden chair that I may need to turn into a night stand.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover