Monday, November 12, 2012

keeping my head above water...

Thanks for really confusing me helping me out with the decision for the buffet and hutch
color yesterday, of course, it couldn't have been closer:
Black - 12
White - 11
Greige - 1 
And, a couple were as indecisive as I am and didn't vote.
Since I haven't had time to start I'm still mulling it over.

Way back in February, I had started working on four children's rooms for
my client. Well, life got in the way...spring break, end of school activities,
 summer vacation, back to school...you know how it goes...but we're back at it!
 Carpet and paint were finished last week and my goal is to have all four rooms finished
 for them by the end of this week! 

Remember this combination...
(that cute nailhead stool went back, before I even showed it to them the nailheads were popping out.)  


This was my shopping list as I headed out for the day...
(is it just me or do you like to see what other people have on their lists?)


Can't wait to show you some photos next week! :)

Don't forget the 3 weeks of  projects...
I'll be back tomorrow with another easy diy for Week #2. 
If you missed my monogram tote bag from Week #1 check it out here.

Off to ponder the hutch color...some more! :)

12 comments:

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Love the happy fabrics. Where would I be without my lists? Daughter is the same way. I put the colon/dot next to items on my lists too!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How lucky is that family? I'm sure the rooms will be fabulous when you're done with them!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Girls, you DO have too many irons in the fire this week! Love that fantastic combo you put together. Looking forward to seeing more!

Calypso In The Country said...

Can't wait to see the room - great fabrics!
-Shelley

Anonymous said...

Well just to confuse you further, if our Internet hadn't been playing up that day, I would have voted white, making a dead heat between black and white!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great fabric choices...gorgeous!
Looking forward to seeing all the reveals!!!

I have never done a project for a client....just myself...AND....I'm usually working on one project (Epiphany) at a time. One idea leads to another, like dominoes!
I have never "designed" an entire room at one time! If I did, I imagine I'd need lots of lists.....LOTS!

I marvel at how Designers can "see" an entire room and create it from scratch!!

Dana Frieling said...

Wow...you're ambitious! If anyone can do it, and make it over the top fabulous, it's you my friend.

Unknown said...

That's quite a shopping list! You need as assistant! Wouldn't WE have fun together!!!! It looks like a wonderful plan. About your hutch? even though black is so striking, you may want to go ivory knowing how much time and love you will put into it.So the addage: "its just paint" will have to be thrown out, cause IM sure you're not going to want to repaint it again. Best of luck--it will come to you all of a sudden I bet, when you least likely expect it.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

If you tell me you actually get all of that done, I would be so impressed. I love the color pallet you laid out.

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Can't wait to see what you decide on!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Based on what you've shown, these rooms are going to be fabulous, and I can't wait to see them! :)

Holly Gruszka said...

I love seeing projects come together!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover