Thursday, July 25, 2013

share and chair alike...

You all know I love to entertain friends and family, and setting a pretty table and
  and all that goes with it is half the fun.
My friend  (I featured her gorgeous home in these posts
Builder Beige to Black Beauty and Builder Beige to Breathtaking) and I began combining
 resources years ago, we don't just borrow from each other, we actually purchase the same
 items. We have a large collection of nice pieces that we share, like dinnerware for 24.
The best part, we only have to store our half!
These are the items we've amassed over the years...

Pottery Barn White Dinnerware - Service for 24 - 12 each


William Sonoma White Hotel Napkins 24 - 12 each
(Actually, I gave her a set for her birthday - thoughtful, huh?!! I promise she really does love to entertain.) 
I highly recommend these, they still look great after years of use!


Mikasa Martini Glasses 16 - 8 each
I saw them at Costco a few years ago, and picked up one for each of us.
Besides drinks, these are fun for serving desserts, ceviche, shrimp cocktail, small bites.


Mason Jars 8 ounce 48 - 24 each
Great for serving Margaritas nestled in a bucket of ice, I used them for a
 Cinco de Mayo get-together, salad in a jar for picnics,
pie in a jar for a crowd.
 


Collection of assorted white ramekins, perfect for small bites and appetizers like
I serve at my annual girlfriend Christmas party.


Votive candles 36 each
Nothing beats candles en masse!


 And, my newest addition which I'm sharing with my mom, bamboo folding chairs.
I saw them on Craigslist recently, she already had two, I purchased these 6 for $80! She'll
keep four and I'll keep four. I can't tell you how excited I am about this find, I currently
have 8 chairs stacked to the ceiling in a corner of my basement - they are all going!


So that's our system for sharing our collection, do you do anything similar?

Wishing you all a happy summer weekend!!  




27 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What a smart idea! Wish I had a good buddy to try this with! I'm pretty much in love with those chairs!

Anonymous said...

What an excellent idea.

Thehouseofhampton said...

Pam,
Those chairs are such a great find! Nothing feels better than a great CL score.
Sharon
@novaraway

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Such a great idea!

Unknown said...

Such a great idea for saving $ and space! I wish I had done this since storage space is limited. Your chairs are so pretty. You are the "Queen of Craigs!"

Lori

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Thankfully Ihave a sister that loves dishes and colelcts them in all colors along with salt and pepper shakers, glasses, cups, napkins, table cloths, napkin rings, well you get the picture. She used to work at a linen rental place and would get stuff all the time when they cleaned out to make room for the new stuff. HAve a great weekend. Ana

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is perfect! love those chairs and it's great to have a friend like that!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Such a great idea to share these items in mass quantities, Pam!! And I love those chairs so much - what a great find!! I kind of "share" with my sister in law, we coincidentally have the same white plates, so we borrow from each other at the holidays. It's SO helpful! One of my close friends has a similar color scheme to my china, so we often borrow from each other and mix up our tables with my simple plates and her more intricate pattern. But those chairs!! Now those are a great thing to share. Wish ya lived closer :) :) :)

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Oh those folding chairs are great! What a fun find! and i love all your white dinnerware :)

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

I am drooling over those chairs!

Nancie N Bartley said...

My mother and my aunt have(had) the same Sterling place settings....Gorham's Chantilly. For Christmas and other large parties they would pool the Sterling and have place settings for 24. I always thought that was genius.
My mother and I (she now lives across the street- her sister has passed on) have a set of 24 of the clear glass dessert/salad plates. I keep 12 and she keeps 12- for parties we share.
Chairs also get shared for big parties/family get-togethers. It works very well.
We call her house "the annex". If I need an extra chair or an extra can of tomatoes- it's very handy.
Love that you and Diana share all the dishes.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love your chairs...so much better than those ugly black and gray fold up chairs...

Denise Greenwood said...

Great idea!! I love that you chose white for all the dishes and napkins - good for any occassion!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

love those bamboo stacking chairs - so much nicer than the plan ugly black ones that I have!

Leslie said...

Great idea! ..those bamboo folding chairs are so fun. I've been trying to find a little bamboo for the house in the form of a side table or small dresser.. love the look.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Great idea...and so practical...

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Such a great idea! I have some of the same items but would never have thought to share. I use the Williams Sonoma restaurant ware and white napkins for entertaining too.

Every time you post a great Craigslist find, I check out ours and find so much junk! You have a real talent for finding beautiful and useful items. I love the bamboo chairs!

Kim said...

I love these folding chairs ... I used to have 4 and had to pitch them ... we used them ALOT!! I love sharing like this, as always you are pretty smart missy!! xo

Vel Criste said...

I agree with you Pam, Classic white is the way to go when you need to stock up on dishes and such. But those bamboo chairs??!!! I'm so jealous, they are so chic! What a score!

Brandi said...

This is such a smart idea! I love those bamboo chairs.

Unknown said...

I absolutely am dying over those chairs! I would love to have some of those instead of those nasty card table chairs in the basement! Great find and wonderful that you learned how to share so well!
xo Nancy

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

Can't believe the deal you got on those chairs!! Love them! Such a great idea to share, too.

pve design said...

So simple but long on details!
Love all your ideas and those chairs are wonderful.
pve

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Those chairs are awesome! What an amazing Craigslist find!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

That is one great inventory of party essentials!...and love those folding chairs...they are beautiful...great find Pam! So great to be able to share them too!

Unknown said...

I love your chairs...so much better than those ugly black and gray fold up chairs.sale online beds and mattresses

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Revisiting this post because I have been on the hunt for affordable bamboo folding chairs (around the holidays I always wish I had crossed that off my list!) I despise ugly plastic & metal folding chairs and cannot believe you found these on CL. Wait, yes I can. You are the Craigslist QUEEN!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover