Sunday, September 29, 2013

diy confetti vase and the winners...

It was a beautiful fall weekend in Denver, we went to an evening wedding in the
 mountains, it was absolutely gorgeous and freezing nippy! I also found time for a simple and     inexpensive diy to use for a fall vignette on our coffee table, our leaves are slowly turning. 
My confetti vase was inspired by interior designer, Kelly Wearstler. I fell in love
budget doesn't include 14K Gold accessories, so I went for the next best thing - a diy!
I put my own spin on it, and tried a vase instead of a bowl.
     

Here's Kelly's bowl...isn't it gorgeous? 
/

I started with a large clear vase I purchased at Goodwill for $4, gave it a quick coat of
 Rustoleum white semi-gloss spray paint. For the gold confetti I used a package of metallic
gold sequins ($1.20) cut to my preferred size, I trimmed the round edges and cut the
 remaining square into quarters. Perfectly imperfect is the goal, no measuring required.
I adhered them to the vase with Loc-Tite Super Glue Gel in a random pattern.
(I tried my hot glue gun first but it left small visible bumps under the confetti.) 


 I spied this pretty gold peacock while thrifting and liked the vintage, formal look
combined with the modern vase. Remember the Nate Berkus tray I found at Goodwill
awhile back, I've been waiting to pull it out, I thought fall when I first saw it. The masculine
 vibe keeps the mix interesting, I love the over sized metal accents around the side.   


you're in for inspiration overload for sure!
~ October 1st ~

Thank you for all the thoughtful wishes and wonderful response to the giveaways
 last week! I'll give the winners until Wednesday to contact me with their email before
 choosing new winners.  

TUESDAY'S WINNER

Julie D. - her favorite junk food is red licorice! 
I need your email address, please.

WEDNESDAY'S WINNER

slo - her favorite time of day is early morning, nothing more beautiful than a sunrise!
I need your email address, please 

THURSDAY'S WINNER

Susan - My husband and I have a standing Saturday night dinner date. We have a
fav restaurant we go to. This way we get a chance to talk and reconnect with one another.

FRIDAY'S (not so random) WINNER
I was touched by Rebecca's generosity in her comment below.
 Rebecca you won TWO, one for you and one for the person in need. :)
I need your email address, please.  


Rebecca said...
WOW! They all should be very proud! Love it that the entire school participated in this. Great kids! I live in ne colorado a few miles from hwy 34 where the river crosses near Greeley. We were not effected by the flooding, but it is devastating to see it first hand. If you pick my name on any day I know a man I will give my target gift card to.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great result, and honestly, I would be hard pressed to tell which was the expensive one. Yours looks just as classy.

Charming Lucy said...

I love this DIY project! It looks like something my daughter and I would enjoy. Thanks! Susan

Cassie Bustamante said...

your vase is so pretty! and yay for rebecca!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Love the vase, it so would look great in my house.
And how sweet of Rebecca.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You are so generous and I'm happy for all your winners….what a nice surprise to wake up to this morning! Love the confetti vase, and the fall vignette on your coffee table! I just did a similar glass bowl with gold polka dots, Pinterest inspired, it's my new fave thing :)

SHERRY HART said...

Damn....love the vase but also I found a cream colored bird at GW and now I am going to spray it gold! Thanks for the idea:)

Unknown said...

LOVE your vase Pam and congrats to all the winners and you are so sweet and generous with your giveaways! Have a great week.
xo Nancy

Rebecca said...

I'm humbled that you picked my name and would give me two, i will be giving both away. I can't thank you enough. I will send an email to you with my email address.

pam {simple details} said...

You are too sweet, Rebecca!

Kim @ Plumberry Pie said...

Yay for Rebecca, the not so random winner! Awesome!! Love the vase too! ;)

Dana Frieling said...

That turned out great! No one will ever know that it's not the 14K real deal. ;) I, too, am also in love with your gold peacock.

Julie D said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited that I won! I'm sending you my address right now! THANK YOU!!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Great idea...and so sweet of Rebecca!

Unknown said...

Another simple yet stunning makeover. How do you keep coming up with this stuff Pam?!?!?

Vel Criste said...

Congratulations to the winners! And again this project too, is a real winner!!!!! Love it Pam and thanks!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

As usual, your project is fantastic.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

You are so clever......great DIY

Mallory | Confetti and Stripes said...

I have had a vase that is a very similar shape to hers sitting in the basement waiting to be DIYd into this exact one! Now I know how to do it! yay! PS Ikea makes a great vase for this project!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Your version looks great! I always thought those gold sequin things would be good for something :)

Calypso In The Country said...

Love the vase Pam! Congrats to all the winners!
-Shelley

Unknown said...

So pretty, Pam. Happy Fall!

Lori

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Great vase, and congratulations to the winners. Love you personal pic.

Design_Fluff said...

This is so much fun! It looks just as fabulous as the bowl!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love the vase! So happy for the winners!

ALLIE NYC said...

I love Kelly Wearstler, and WOW you did such a good job with this!! It looks great on your table. Nice.


Ali of Dressing Ken

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Congrats to all the winners. Ana

TriciaB724 said...

Very creative. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love this project!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your vase looks fabulous! Very high end!

Kelly said...

These are SO cute! Looks even better than the inspiration!
Kelly @ View Along the Way

Unknown said...

Vase is beautiful. I have that peacock too - I see it all over the place now. Funny how that works :)

all floors australia said...

As carpet Flooring in Melbourne is supplied in sizes cut to your room, it is really important that you measure correctly. Don’t forget to accommodate for any wastage and if in doubt make sure you seek the advice of a professional installer.

Carpet Flooring in Hoppers Crossing

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover