Thursday, September 12, 2013

crock pot berry cobbler...

YUM!!!
The cool weather finally hit this week, and always puts me in the mood for baking. I made
 one of my favorite fall cookie recipes yesterday, and planned on sharing, but between
 making a couple 'thank-you' deliveries of cookies, and my boys inhaling them straight from
 the cooling rack, I had nothing to photograph!

I was reading my friend Leslie's blog the other day, she'd made a raspberry cobbler that
 looked delicious, and left me craving one. I found this on Pinterest and was intrigued by
making it in the crock pot, want our review?

Recipe here

Warm, sweet, delicious and so SIMPLE!
It was a coincidence, I happened to have the exact mixed frozen berries she used
 from Costco (we use them for smoothies) so that's how I decided on this recipe, and
of course, her pretty styling and photography.
 It's the perfect recipe to add to your collection for entertaining, the kind you can
make ahead and put in the crock pot to 'bake' for a couple hours until you're
ready to serve dessert. We liked it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
It would be a fun change to bring to an event or potluck, it stayed warm for
quite awhile.

ENJOY!!

On a more serious note, you've probably seen on the news that we've been hit with
 damaging floods throughout our state, including the metro area, and drier conditions aren't
 in the forecast until the weekend. Our area hasn't experienced anything other than heavy,
rains, but my thoughts and prayers are with everyone dealing with the loss and damage
 to their homes and property.
  

22 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious, Pam. Sounds like a great combination for the seasonal transition- sweet summer berries and warm fall comfort. I'm praying for CO as well.

Lori

Calypso In The Country said...

Oooh..that looks really good! I was just watching Colorado on the news. How scary! Sending prayers!
-Shelley

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

we made a similar version-it was SO good with some vanilla ice cream! perfect for having friends over! thinking about your area :)

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

I love fruit desserts and always have the Costco berries in the freezer, thanks for the idea! Slow cooker great idea to make it easier.

Prayers for those that are dealing with the unusual flooding in CO.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was worried about you. Thinking of all the people in CO. And I love a hot fruit dish of any kind.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Looks warm and yummy! I've never tried a crock pot dessert. Thinking about you and your neighbors today...stay safe!

Kelly @ A Swell Place to Dwell said...

I love cobbler, and in a crock pot...that might just be life changing. Thanks for the recipe.

Dana Frieling said...

Just added this to my to-do list...going to try it when the in-laws come visit! Glad to hear you haven't been affected personally by the floods, I've was wondering.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the update regarding the floods and glad you are okay.

Happy Friday and this cobbler sounds delicious:)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I'm so glad you haven't had any damage. Thinking and praying for all those affected by the flooding.
Thanks for sharing your cobbler recipe, that looks so good!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend my dear!!!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Uh oh, that looks horribly yummy! LOL!
Have a great weekend!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love Crock Pot recipes...looks wonderful...and stay safe..I have been seeing the devastation of the flood on the news...thoughts and prayers to all those affected...Have a great and hopefully dry weekend!

designchic said...

Hoping the weather clears up for your area. Can't believe that's a crock pot recipe...dying to try!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG Pam!! Yum Yum Yum!!

Unknown said...

I love a berry cobbler any time of year. I use my mom's recipe of 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg stirred in to make a crumbly crust; dot butter over 1-2 cups of fruit and bake 1 hour at 350. THE BEST. Love crockpot stuff. Have a great safe weekend, and god bless the people that experience any storm problems.XO
Nancy

therelishedroost said...

OKay stop you are killing me!! I just worked out the gym yesterday for the first time in months I can barely walk and now I see this recipe!! Oh lord!
HAve a great Weekend!!
Karolyn

Ashley B said...

I just wanted to let you know I love reading your blog and all of your great DIY and Ikea hacks. You have definitely inspired me! Because of this I nominated your blog for the Sunshine Award. More info here: http://historyinhighheels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sunshine-award.html. It is a fun way to share your favorite blogs!

Caramella said...

I would love to eat it now!

www.hungrycaramella.blogspot.co

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

All I can say is.....YUM!

Vel Criste said...

Stay safe and praying for everyone there Pam.. enjoy some more cobbler to ease the worry. :-)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Yummy recipe! I love easy desserts in a slow cooker. This is my kind of baking! So enjoy your blog!

Brandi said...

I just purchased some apples to make a cobbler. Next time I'm using berries. Your recipe looks delicious!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover