Thursday, December 3, 2015

Our Christmas Home Tour 2015


Hi friends, I'm so happy you're stopping by to check out our Christmas tour today,
welcome if you're new to Simple Details!
If you've been following the 12 Days of Christmas Home Tours    
I don't have to tell you the inspiration has been fabulous so far! If you want to
catch up these tours were earlier in the week:  

Jenny @ Evolution of Style 
Amanda @ Dixie Delights

Today I'm sharing my living room and dining room and next Wednesday my
 family room and kitchen. I LOVED the pink that I added to our Christmas decor last
year, and decided to enjoy it again, but change it up a bit. I've purged a lot of Christmas 
decor over the past couple of years, it feels so good to keep it simple instead of
hauling boxes of things I'm not crazy about up from the basement.  
 I didn't buy a single thing, except...
 Oh, and some grocery store flowers that will last forever. :) 

Living Room


I love all of my Craigslist finds, in case you didn't realize, every piece of
furniture in this room is from Craigslist or a garage sale. I'm a big proponent of
the 'buy what you love and it will work' philosophy. 
    

Did you guys plant Paperwhites when I reminded you? :)
I'm sure mine have a head start, I wanted them in bloom for my
party on the 1st and for this tour. They're 37" tall!   




The poinsettia pillow is a Pottery Barn Knock Off I made several years ago.  



Dining Room


This buffet has had nine lives! 
You probably don't recognize it from my Christmas tour last year,
it was in our living room ~  painted gray and and had a hutch.  
I ditched the hutch, gave it a modern vibe with high gloss white paint, and
changed out the hardware.  







 A row of Ikea lanterns filled with gold and silver ornaments, nestled in greens
from our yard are an easy centerpiece down the center of our farm table.   


Here's a sneak peek of our tree I'll be sharing next week.

Our Christmas Home Tour 2015 Part 2 here

A huge thank you to Jenny @ Evolution of Style for putting together 
the 12 Days of Christmas Tour of Homes this week, and
 Lisa @ Shine Your Light for our awesome graphics!

I can't wait for tomorrow's tours, two of my favorite ladies in blogland,
Paige @ The Pink Clutch Blog and Becky @ This is Happiness 
are up with styles that will delight!! 



Joining The Nester's Annual Tour of Homes
It Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to be Beautiful Christmas

30 comments:

Dana Frieling said...

I'm struck by how this post is the perfect example of your blog's name! I literally kept thinking, "Ah! What a simple detail!" Your boys are awesome for letting you inject pink into your Christmas decor. It looks beautiful!

Cassie Bustamante said...

pam, so beautiful- my favorite part is your stunning large mirror with the greenery and pink ribbon! and i second dana's sentiments about your blog name. i also love and appreciate that your home is decorated with craigslist finds- i think hunting down unique and vintage pieces you love that fit your home and budget make it special and personal. beautiful job, my friend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it all and can't wait to see more next week. You make your thrifty finds look like a million dollars and I too adore the pink.

Jenny said...

I just love your style, Pam - your rooms never disappoint! The pops of pink are perfect, and everything looks so classic and elegant. I love that giant mirror (next to the furry chair) - is that a craigslist find too? Perfection! Thanks so much for participating again this year!

Calypso In The Country said...

Pam, I always feel happy when I see your house. Your decorating is stunning as always and I love the pink! I meant to buy the paper whites but I was in Target one day and found amaryllis bulbs. I am a couple weeks into it and am proud to say it's still alive! Hopefully, it will bloom by Christmas!
Shelley

Denise Greenwood said...

Beautiful Pam! Merry Christmas!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Perfectly beautiful as always, Pam! I LOVE that huge mirror in your living room with the garland draped across it, that is so gorgeous! The pink is so festive and joyful and works so well in your home (any color works there it seems! But the bright pink seems to really reflect your fun, happy personality!) I like the newest rendition of your living room too by the way, with the chest in the bay window flanked by those amazing chairs! Everything looks so pretty, and I can't wait to see round two next week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your style. So beautiful and festive, but never overdone. Love the statement size paperwhites, unique pretty pink, beautiful tree, and that Asian hardware! Merry Christmas Queen of Craigs!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Your home always looks beautiful especially at this time of year!

Julie said...

As always, everything looks just gorgeous, Pam. I love the elegant simplicity, and the pink :)

Tamara @ Provident Home Design said...

Beautiful work, Pam!! I love all of the fresh greenery and pink accents!!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

So preppy and cute!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Oh now I really wish I had bought paper whites!!! This is all so gorgeous. Love all the touches of gold and black, too...and your photography! Can you come take pictures for my tour??? REALLY pretty, Pam.

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

Gorgeous Pam! I love the pink and I love paperwhites! I can't believe how tall yours are...so, so beautiful. And that peek at your flocked tree looks stunning!

diann said...

Absolutely beautiful and I so love the touches of pink. I cannot believe how fortunate you were to find such beautiful pieces at garage sales and on CL. I could not agree with you more about buying what you love and it will work. I sure have a hard time making my husband understand this motto though. You need to get rid of something before you buy something else...he does not understand you must buy when it's available. Thrift shops, garage sales and CL is not like going to a department store as he does. Oh well, I'm not changing. I would love to shop with you.

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Pam, you have outdone yourself! I love everything about your holiday home - it's so bright, welcoming, and cozy - the perfect holiday vibe! I'm regretting not doing the paperwhites - dang...next year! :)

Brenda said...

Love the lanterns filled with ornaments - hope you don't mind if I 'borrow' (steal) your idea! Love that you are such a savvy CL shopper; I think it makes your home that much more special.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Beautiful as always! I went with similar colors this year.

cindy hattersley design said...

Pam you have used some of the same elements that I have. I was ready for something classic and simple this year. Your decor is fresh, classic, and welcoming...love it! Those chairs are amazing by the way...did you score those on Craig's List as well?!!

Mary said...

I don't even have our tree up yet. Slacker!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

OOOOooooo, I love the lanterns filled with ornaments on your dining room table. So simple and creative. This is great inspiration to donate some of my Christmas items and decorate with a light touch.

Rachael @ This is our Bliss said...

That pink, Pam! I'm in love! Beautiful, beautiful job!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Lovely as always, Pam! Love the pink so much in your home, and I can't get over how much has changed over the years. LOVE your gigantic mirror with the garland!

Dixie Delights said...

Everything is stunning! I especially love the pink!! Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful home, Pam! I'm in love with that huge mirror with the fresh greenery!!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. :)

sarah m. dorsey said...

Super pretty!! :)

SHERRY HART said...

Pam....beautiful! I love how you are always changing things up!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Pam! You always blow me away with your mad styling and layering skills. That mirror, oh my and all of your paperwhites. Simply beautiful friend. Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing!

Jessie said...

I love your great sense of style, Pam! Your home looks so warm, fresh, chic and collected. You did a beautiful job! Your stunning brass lamp, gorgeous wallpaper, cane chairs and coffee table are especially my favorites. I like how you keep your decorations simple and thoughtful. :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Still crushing over those bamboo chairs.....Loved the fabulous tour and those mirrors dressed with evergreens are truly amazing....Always look forward to your Christmas tour...truly stunning!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover