Monday, September 21, 2015

I Spy a Craigslist Buy (6)


Last time I did an I Spy a Craigslist Buy post someone asked how often I
do them or if I post on a specific day, I'll try to aim for every two weeks,
 but since I'm at the mercy of Craig I have to be flexible.  :) 
I was thinking how much fun it would be to design an entire room with today's finds.
I can't even let my brain go there, it won't turn off - imagining how to balance it all to
 work together, how each piece would function and then fabrics, colors, paint,
 accessories...it's endless. 

These listings are currently available on Denver Craigslist.
(Just click on the link below the heading) 

bhg.com

Cabinet/Desk $50 (Erie)
https://denver.craigslist.org/fuo/5232029125.html


I see these secretary desks all the time, but my favorite is this style with fret work
detail on the doors. This is a steal for $50, and they're gorgeous painted.
I thought it looked like the finial at the top was broke off, but I've seen them
 without as well, so not sure. I love the idea of using one as a bar.

apartmenttherapy.com

Thomasville Vintage Buffet $80 (Arvada)
https://denver.craigslist.org/fuo/5215118086.html


The hardware is probably worth more than $80!
Sounds like a great quality piece of furniture, there's nothing better than
warm wood against a crisp white background.

mixandchic.com

It would make a great functional dining room buffet. I'd pair it with a table
 and chairs with more contrast than this, black or white would be pretty.
 The lamp and pendant are the perfect modern accents.  

mixandchic.com

Painted and used as office storage.  

housebeautiful.com

Upholstered Bench $30 (Southeast Aurora)
38" x 17" x 23"


The fabric on this bench may be ok it's hard to tell, it looks like it could be a
great global, boho style with some fun colors. If that doesn't work for you,
a bold zebra print and some gold detail on the legs would give you this $2,000
 Horchow look.

Horchow

Beautiful Chair $30 (Lakewood)


In a heartbeat I would paint this gem a dark or fun color to show off the silhouette.
You guys know I have a weakness for inexpensive chairs, they make such
an interesting statement. There's a lot going on in this area for me, but my eye
goes directly to the silhouette of that charming chair.  

newenglandhome.com

Vintage Empire Style Sofa - Eclectic $400 (Denver)
Reupholstered from Calico Corners - down cushions, excellent condition.
https://denver.craigslist.org/fuo/5183042984.html


Another lovely Craigslist photo, haha!  
Gingham and Buffalo checks are trending and paired with modern or edgy pieces
 take on a new vibe. Here are some ideas for how to mix checks to up the chic factor.
   
Jeffrey Bilhuber
cococozy.com
mydomaine.com

Hope you're inspired to check your local Craigslist,
 and if you score one of these I'd love to know!

13 comments:

Caramella said...

Gingham and Buffalo....nice!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Killing me again! This is just another reason I want to move to Colorado. I really do.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, now if my Craig had even one something like this. Not even.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty finds and inspiration! It's probably a good thing that I don't own a truck! (I don't think I could allow myself to eat a morsel of food in the dining room with the view of the tiny toned tush!)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This is one of my favorite things you do on your blog! So fun to see what you find and how you see it! I would love a secretary but have no room for one. I love when the inside is painted a fun color like turquoise, and to use as a bar....perfection!

Suzi Miller said...

I just called on the bench! Would love to recover it. Love your posts on craigslist items. Could give me another hobby!

Mary said...

My neighbor offered me her secretary. It was beautiful. And I had the perfect spot in my dining room for it. But I had just bought an etagere for that space so I had to turn down her offer. I'm still sick about it.
I love these kind of posts. Great inspiration. Thanks Pam.

Vikki said...

Been following you for a good while but I believe this is the first post for me. Ironically, yesterday I checked my area Craig's list for a kitchen island. Didn't have any luck, however not long ago I snagged a great desk for my office that I was able to get for only $60.00. Best part of the deal was that is was less than 5 miles from my house. You absolutely have the best stuff in your area - that secretary you showed us is to die for.Yours is one of my favorite blogs. Vikki in VA.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love these posts.....that buffet looks like it could definitely be promising.

Ivy Lane said...

I love the idea of painting the secretary desk black and using it a bar! So many great finds on the Denver Craigslist... we don't have many great finds like these on the Ohio site... Thanks for sharing!!

xo,
Ivy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Genius! You are so amazing. Wish I had more room! I'm going to do some Craigslist hunting for my daughter in LA!

Vel Criste said...

Love checks and buffalo, and I'm going for plaids for the holidays! Why can't we have that much goodness in our CL here!

Teresa said...

The living area is the most appreciated location of the home that talks regarding your lifestyle and individuality to the visitors. It is the top place that strikes everybody's mind while furnishing a house. Trestle desk

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover