Sunday, September 13, 2015

frilly ornamental cabbage for fall


I'm crazy for the thick, frilly crinkled leaves of ornamental cabbage, and add a plum
 or fuchsia colored center and they're guaranteed to make their way into my cart. 
I spied some at a nursery over the weekend and couldn't help but grab a pot.
 I haven't decided how I'm going to display it yet, and I found too many pretty options. 
I have a pair of smaller urns that happen to be empty, and an old wooden coke box,
some great weathered pots, a shiny silver bowl, and a big white soup tureen. 
What to do?

add them to a pot or urn...

lowes.com

indeeddecor.com

dorothysueandmillieb.blogspot.com   

eclecticallyvintage.com

inspirationlane.tumblr.com

treehugger.com

 create a simple centerpiece...

lessthanperfectlifeofbliss.blogspot.com

town-n-country-living.com

everdayhomeblog.com

make a note to plant in the garden...next year. 

rhymeswithlinneaus.com

Do you have a favorite?


14 comments:

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I love the cabbages and have been looking for some pretty ones around here but no luck yet.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, these all look fabulous. I need to look for some cabbage.

nanwil said...

Which cabbages are good for shady areas?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ahhhhh you are totally inspiring me to add my front door pots to my weekly to-do list! They are in a sad state after a neglectful summer, I always forget about them because we don't use our front door that often! I wonder if the cabbages are low maintenance and if so they might be my new favorite thing! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, indoors and out. I'd like to try one in my Fall window box. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

All beautiful ideas, Pam! Love planting cabbages and kale each fall, mixed with pansies and the little pepper plants the stores sell at this time of year.

Julie said...

I just love ornamental cabbage, too. I wish our nice weather lasted longer...the spring and fall plants are too short-lived for me. Maybe I need to move farther south, haha :)

Karena said...

Pam these frilly and colorful cabbage plants make such an impression in the Autumn. Love them all!!

Xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Featuring India Hicks!

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Ooooh that urn!! I love that!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love cabbage in pots and they look great as center pieces on a table.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I have already been thinking along these lines for a table centerpiece I need to do this week. It's so pretty!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

LOVE this. I used a row of them in our garden a few years ago and would use them as filler in flower arrangements. Have to do some pinning!

Vel Criste said...

I would love to use these cabbages for my centerpiece!

Healthytips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover