Tuesday, September 15, 2015

craigslist score - vintage brass trunks


I did it again you guys, threw my willpower, self-disipline, self-control and restraint
right out the window and fell victim to a Craigslist steal.
These two vintage brass beauties popped up on Sunday for $25 each and are now piled
 in my living room! I always use the excuse that I can use my Craigslist finds for clients,
 but quickly become attached to far too many of them.
They're in great condition, (the funky shiny areas are due to lighting) but are definitely
tarnished. I'm torn if I like the tarnished look vs shiny polished, one would
 certainly be easier!   
The lady selling them said she was helping her mom clean out some things, and hated
 them because she remembered her and her sister having to polish them as punishment.
Haha!


Summer Thornton Designs

etsy.com feelinvintage

Do you know how to determine if a piece is brass or brass plated?
A magnet will NOT stick to brass, these are brass.

Most likely I won't be keeping both of them, I'm leaning toward using the chest
with drawers as an end table. I can't wait to play around with them and see
where they end up.

Here's to throwing self discipline out the window every once in a while. :)


22 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

OHMYGOSH!!!!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Oh my goodness, what a find!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, these are amazing. The only things on our Craigslist are worse than goodwill.

Peggy said...

Pam, these are simply spectacular!!!!

Unknown said...

I am dying. I am jealous, totally envious, and I am okay saying that. $25?!!!?? Wow. Congrats lucky you! :) Whitley

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

My jaw just dropped open. Those are amazing and I don't know how you could give one up!

Anonymous said...

Those are keepers! Love the hardware.

LMoore said...

Love them! Save your sanity and leave them tarnished,love that patina.

Julie said...

I don't think that was a loss of self control, but rather a stroke of brilliance, Pam. And if you can't figure out what to do with one of the, I live in the next state northeast from you ;)

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Those have to be my favorite Craigslist find that you have ever purchased! I LOVE them!!! Can't wait to see how you use them in your home!

Haute Indoor Couture said...

What a steal!!!! I think that might be the best $50 spent of all time, they are fabulous!!!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Lucky girl!!! Gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

You must have a Craigslist guardian angel. Those are beautiful & add my name to the folks that are jealous.

Unknown said...

Love their look and the price.

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

You've got good luck and a great eye! Kudos! Those are awesome!

Unknown said...

Now I know who is snapping up all the grest finds on Denver's CL! I'm in Denver and I'd love to tske either off your hands!

Ivy Lane said...

Gorgeous! One of my clients has the same trunk.. the larger one. She uses it as an accent table in her living room. It is a stunning conversation piece.

Unknown said...

HI Pam...I was in an upscale decorating store in Summit NJ yesterday and guess what I saw???A polished brass side table with a price tag of $2100 on it. I felt so proud of you for finding such a gem on Craigslist. Go girl!!

Vel Criste said...

I will take them out of your hands if you want?! How I wish I live close to you Pam!!! Can't blame you dear!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

LOL as punishment. What a lucky find. I only found one once and it was gone within 5 minutes. And I bid on a brass dresser once and was outbid. No luck there for me. Super jealous! I need your luck

Brandi said...

What an amazing find! I find myself on the way to pick something up when I meant only to browse craigslist, but i write it off as a cheaper hobby than shopping at the mall! I like the tarnished brass, unless you have kids of your own in need of punishment, I would strongly consider keeping it perfectly tarnished (lol).

Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

Teresa said...

These decorations look to be spectacular. Whether the design and look of your establishment are acceptable for the sort of site, you have. In your bedroom, you might have a credenza desk with hutch to work for a while.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover