Monday, July 18, 2016

Super Size it to Make a Statement


An easy way to add drama to a room is to choose an overscale element
 that stands out among the rest.
Don't get carried away - too many big impact items means nothing stands out as
a striking statement.
It would be easy for me to go overboard, I love the unexpected flair and
unique style it adds to a room.

OVERSCALE Lighting


Roeser Home Remodeling

Design, Meridy King - Photography, Erica George Dines

OVERSCALE Florals

Flora Soames Interior Design - Photography, Mel Gates for House & Garden 

Design & Photography, Sarah Sherman Samuel  

OVERSCALE Ottomans

Ginnifer Goodwin - Photography, Hillary Walsh for Elle 

Allen Kirsch & Associates

OVERSCALE Artwork

Design, Little Dwellings - Photography, Jacqui Turk - Little Peanut Mag


Vogue Living - Design, Jane Charlwood - Photography, Mikkel Vang

OVERSCALE Pattern

Instagram - Thibaut_1886 

Design, Katie Rosenfeld - Home Bunch 

OVERSCALE Mirror

Design, Amber Interiors - Photography, Tessa Neustadt 

Jillian Harris' Home Tour - Photography, Janis Nicolay for Style at Home

This mirror I scored on Craigslist is definitely my favorite statement piece.


Do you have one?



8 comments:

lori said...

Love those ottomans and mirrors (and oh that bunny!). I have statement mirrors that my talented designer/friend found for me on Craigslist ;)

Joanne said...

I've saved that first kitchen .Love, love the oversized pendants. Those mirrors are all wonderful, especially the big round one in the entrance. The only thing I have that is oversized is a tv bought unexpectedly by my wonderful hubs. Does that count? Lol

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great post and inspiration. Yes, the mirror in my living room is super sized and it really does make a statement.

Connie said...

I love Joanne's TV comment. My good laugh for the day. Men can never get TVs big enough. I predict in the future they'll be six feet across and hang on a wall like old movie screens!
I really like large floor mirrors ! Yours is fabulous!

Dena Culpepper said...

I have overscaled artwork - a painting of a White Heron that I just fell in love with when I found it! Imagine my surprise when I was watching House of Cards a few seasons back, and it was hanging over the mantel in the White House!

Dena Culpepper said...

I have overscaled artwork - a painting of a White Heron that I just fell in love with when I found it! Imagine my surprise when I was watching House of Cards a few seasons back, and it was hanging over the mantel in the White House!

Calypso In The Country said...

I love overscaled lighting and mirrors - especially yours! I hope you are enjoying your week, Pam!
Shelley

Nancy Powell said...

GREAT post Pam, you nailed the secrets of our success! Hope youre having a great summer!
xo Nancy

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover