Sunday, July 24, 2016

Fabulous Do Ahead Al Fresco Dinner Menu


Hope you had an awesome weekend and are savoring these summer days.
One of my favorite things about summer is having friends over
 to dine Al fresco on our deck. A simple do ahead menu is a must! Don't get me
wrong, I love a simple juicy burger on the grill, but I wanted to serve something
 more unique. It's no fun having to slave in the kitchen once your guests arrive so I
 always look for recipes that can be prepped ahead of time, I think these are winners!
 I'm sharing a yummy summer menu I served recently, along with my tips and
 timeline for having it all together ahead of time, so you're free to enjoy your guests.
I've noted where I deviated from the recipes, and how I prepped everything prior to
our get-together for a smooth stress-free dinner.  

~ menu ~    


Mexican Shrimp Cocktail w/ Tortilla Chips

Chili Lime Chicken

Mandarin Orange Salad w/Sugared Almonds

Grilled Corn with Spicy Cilantro Lime Butter

Key Lime Pie


Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Recipe from Elise @ Simply Recipes

Served as an appetizer with drinks before dinner. 
I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned and pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp. 
I didn't chop the shrimp, but instead put a few on top of each individual serving.


Chili Lime Chicken
Recipe from Bee @ Rasa Malaysia

I grill the chicken a couple hours before our guests arrived, let sit for 15 min before slicing,
pile on large platter and serve at room temp.
I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.


Mandarin Orange Salad with Sugared Almonds
Recipe from Food.com

I use organic mixed greens from Costco.


Grilled Corn with Spicy Cilantro Lime Butter
Recipe from Megan @ Pip & Ebby

I use 1/4 cup butter in place of the mayo. 
I like to serve smaller pieces of corn, so I cut the cobs in half. 
Boil corn for 2 minutes then transfer to hot grill for a short time to get char marks,
 turning once or twice. 
Pile on large platter and serve with lime wedges.   


Key Lime Pie
Recipe from Leigh Anne @ Your Home Based Mom

Use homemade graham cracker crust! 
Delete sour cream, decrease Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice to 1/2 cup.
Add whipped cream (I used Reddi Wip) to individual slices at time of serving. 

EARLIER IN WEEK

Salad - Prepare Sugared Almonds, store in plastic container.
Corn - Prepare Cilantro Lime Butter, refrigerate in plastic container.
Pie - Crush graham crackers and mix in sugar, store in plastic container. 

FRIDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING
Salad - chop celery, slice onion & prepare dressing - refrigerate. 
Husk corn & cut in half - refrigerate.
Make Key Lime Pie & refrigerate.
Shrimp Cocktail - Thaw shrimp in refrigerator if frozen.

SATURDAY MORNING

Chicken - Prepare Marinade
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail - Prepare and refrigerate (Do not add shrimp or avocado)
Salad - drain mandarin oranges and refreigerate.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

Grill chicken
Put salad together, except dressing
Chop avocado and add to shrimp cocktail.
Cut Pie

AFTER GUESTS ARRIVE 
Dish Mexican Shrimp Cocktail into individual ramekins and top with a few shrimp,
serve on plates with forks and tortilla chips.

When you're ready for dinner:
Grill corn over high heat just till charred, heat prepared lime butter in microwave,
transfer corn to platter and slather with butter.

Dress salad and sprinkle with sugared almonds.

That's it friends, it really is a fresh, easy to put together menu that appears much
more time consuming. I always a happy hostess if our guests ask for recipes,
and they did! :)

Here's to Al fresco dining with friends!


9 comments:

Linda Darling said...

What a great post! Full of good looking recipes and helpful planning tips. Looking forward to trying this soon. Thanks.

Vel Criste said...

I must try that chicken and salad recipe! wiSH i could come over and dine with you there !!!! Thank you Pam!

Patti said...

Love, love this post! Thank you for the great recipes, etc.

Splendid Market said...

Love all of this lime!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This menu sounds delish Pam! I can't wait to try it exactly as you described!!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

These all look SO good, wish I could have hung around for the BBQ! Pinned away and definitely trying that chicken!

Spam Leads said...

SELLING USA FRESH SSN Leads/Dead Fullz, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

--> PRICE FOR SSN LEAD 2$ <--

All SSN's are Tested & Verified. Fresh spammed data.

**DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
->ID State
->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

*If you buy in bulk, will give you discount
*Hope for the long term business
*You can asked for your specific states too

**Contact 24/7**

Whatsapp > +923172721122

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Telegram > @leadsupplier

ICQ > 752822040

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

alex cooper said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for.
j sale

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover