Wednesday, April 8, 2015

One Room Challenge - Week 2 - Paint and Craigslist


Thank you all so much for your sweet comments last week, and
 stopping by to check in on our progress for Week 2 of the One Room Challenge!
You can catch up with Week 1 - The Plan here.

It was a good week friends, Craigslist came through for us. :) 
If you remember my client's inspiration photos included a zebra hide, I've never
 seen one on our Craigslist before, but we scored! Crazy, I know, the seller had owned it for
 25 years and was ready to sell at $350!  


Another of her inspiration pics included a bamboo mirror, BAM this gem shows up for
 $50!  When we give it a gold paint makeover it will look exactly like her inspiration.   


I popped into one of my favorite retro consignment stores, Mod Mood, to scour 
around and see if they had anything to add to the mix for our collected style.    


Lovely Florentine Nesting Tables hidden in that jungle of treasures,
 I can just imagine them in a pretty setting!  

  
They made the cut, and we brought them home! 

The brown four poster bed got a fresh update of Rustoleum Gloss Protective Enamel
and we chose Benjamin Moore Simply White on the walls and ceiling for a neutral
 backdrop that will let our artwork take center stage.


Before the fresh coat of paint it was the perfect opportunity to lower the tv
 and feed the cords down through the wall never to be seen again! 
It might not look like a big deal, but it's so much better!  


That's our progress for the week friends!
We've got some special deliveries happening this week, I'll be sharing on Instagram
if you'd like to follow along.   

Let's go check in on all my talented friends: 

                                  Coco + Kelley                                   
Vanessa Francis      
Greige Design         
Hi Sugarplum          
Stephanie Kraus     
         Savvy Home            
                               Swoon Worthy                                

  Don't forget the One Room Challenge Linking Participants will share
their progress tomorrow over at Linda's @ Calling It Home,
 it's a MUST see!  



35 comments:

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

Love the color of the bed... how do you score such amazing things on craigs list?? amazing! your clients have to be psyched .... it's starting to look so good already!

Lindsay said...

So incredibly jealous over your zebra score! Talk about fate!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam I love the white on the walls and bed. Those changes alone are dramatic! Amazing CL finds as usual.....can't wait to see what's next!

Julia Ryan said...

LOOOOOOOVE the painted bed. And that mirror! Wowsas!

Jenny said...

Looking good Pam! I'm jealous of your shopping options and discoveries!

Unknown said...

Loving all the pieces you have scored, especially the bamboo mirror. Somehow pieces like this always take me back to West Palm Beach. Looking forward to the next installment!

Kim said...

So I need some of your craigslist karma ... This is already coming along so beautifully!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Oh my that consignment store. Why don't we have something like that here, seriously! And I totally adore the mirror.

Mrs. B said...

I'm cracking up! I too scored a zebra hide this year and looks like we are pairing it with similar items. I found a vintage Ficks Reed sofa and have the hide in front of that but I'm having a heck of a time picking out a coffee table! Pics on my blog if you have any suggestions. Www.mrsbtakeson.blogspot.com xoxo

kate@willowinteriors said...

Yay!!! So glad to see you in the mix again!! Love the finds especially the zebra hide!!! Good luck!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Oh my gosh..I cant believe you got that rug for $350.00. The mirror is wonderful too.

Unknown said...

Oh my! The rug, mirror, and tables are such finds. You never cease to amaze me, Pam!

Dana Frieling said...

Shut up!...I want that hide, so amazing.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Killer finds, as usual... that mirror! I've always wanted a zebra rug. This room will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great scores! I can't wait to see more!

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW! this post is alternately titled "when the stars align". amazing.

Vel Criste said...

So many goodness going into this room! That rug is to "die for"!

jana bek design said...

Wow the bed looks incredible with the new paint! So jealous of your mirror score, it's exactly what I want for our great room but I had to purchase one for 4x more, you luck duck!

Susanne said...

Absolutely love what you've done so far. The wall & bed colors are so nice. Any chance you can give a little play by play how you did the bed? I've got something similar in dark and I'm so tired of it, would love to paint it but too scared I’ll ruin it.

Jessie said...

Fabulous finds! The zebra hide and mirror are my favorites! I can't wait to see more!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

I swear, you are just the luckiest when it comes to Craigslist and I'm so thrilled that you tracked down everything you needed. Can't wait to see you work your magic girl! xo

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

CL in NJ was much better than in FL....I can't believe I just said that. Love all of your scores, but that rug is by far the winner.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

CL in NJ was much better than in FL....I can't believe I just said that. Love all of your scores, but that rug is by far the winner.

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

What a score on the rug! Love the side tables too, just gorgeous. As always- so jealous of your Craigslist scores!!

Unknown said...

You find the most amazing things! I seriously want to know your secret.... you must have one. :-) I love the way it is all coming along.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

You seriously scored!!! And i can't believe what a difference it makes by just lowering the TV!!! Can't wait until next week! xo

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

A zebra hide? You seriously found that on Craigslist?? You are unbelievable. I can already tell that I'm going to want to steal some of these awesome ideas for my own someday bedroom redo! Loving the direction it's going!

Unknown said...

What amazing finds friend! I love it when I come across CL gems. Dying to see more:)

SHERRY HART said...

Pam...let me just say that you are my hero. Never have I met anyone who has scored like you do on Craigslist! Ah....mazing. This room will be spectacular!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

What great finds! You are seriously the Craigslist queen!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

WOW!! I'm so impressed with all your finds!! The zebra rug is amazing and I just adore those nesting tables. You are on a roll!! I can't wait to see more!

Karena said...

Great choices Pam!! I cannot believe the zebra rug score, so tactile and distinctive!
Have a great weekend!

xoxo
Karena
The Arts by Karena
Artist Nathaniel Galko

hollybholly said...

what color paint did you use on the four poster bed? Perfect for my outdated guest bed thanks

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Holly - It's Rustoleum Protective Enamel Gloss in Almond - it's oil based but the great high gloss durable finish is worth the extra trouble. I also used it on our bathroom vanity here:

http://simpledetailsblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/one-room-challengebathroom-reveals.html

Good luck on your bed!

BB. said...

It's great that you are telling us about these things.
Manufacturer of industrial fans

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover