Wednesday, April 1, 2015

One Room Challenge - Week 1


I'm ready to get this show on the road friends!
Thank you so much for stopping by to follow along, I always love your input!  
I'm truly honored to be participating in the One Room Challenge again with such an
 incredible group of talented ladies! I know I always say that but seriously, just wait! 
 First, a huge thank you to Linda @ Calling It Home for
all the hard work, planning and behind the scenes organizing she does to make the ORC
 a huge success for all of us! 

If you're new here, you can check out my previous ORC Reveals here:

Fall 2014 - Craigslist Bedroom
Spring 2014 - My Kitchen
Fall 2013 - My Master Bedroom
Spring 2013 - My Bathroom 

I'll be working with a fun client to update their Master Bedroom, which hasn't been
 refreshed since they moved into their home 13 years ago. We'll be keeping some furniture
 they own and giving them a new life, incorporating some Craigslist finds and DIYs, and
adding some beautiful new statement pieces, which is my favorite way to create an
 interesting collected style. 

BEFORE


The Plan:

fresh light background
update the four poster bed in a light color
create a sitting area
 neutral palette with pops of color and touches of black
mix of styles including french and rustic
oversized statement art
hide rug

Inspiration rooms:

michaeljleephotography.com
ekbinteriors.com
Laura Tutun Interiors

BEFORE


 We'll be keeping their four poster rice bed and the french dresser. 
Btw, meet my friend Edna, I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of her, she likes to be
front and center and whines till I hold her, which you know is fine with me. :)   



This special dresser was made by my client's dad, but they didn't ever have a chance
 to finish it. The Anthropologie Portside Dresser is our inspiration for a DIY.


BEFORE:

     
This nice sized space on the other side of the room will make a perfect sitting area. 
We love these chairs.  

Lisa Hilderbrand - Charleston Project

Next week we'll be sharing a newly painted room and four poster bed,
and I might spill some awesome Craigslist finds! :)

I'm dying to check out what these lovely ladies have planned:

                                  Coco + Kelley                                   
Vanessa Francis      
Greige Design         
Hi Sugarplum          
Stephanie Kraus     
         Savvy Home            
                               Swoon Worthy                                

  Don't forget the One Room Challenge Linking Participants will share
their plans tomorrow over at Linda's @ Calling It Home,
 it's a MUST see!  

36 comments:

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Oh my goodness, French, Rustic, cowhide, what more could a girl ask for!! I'm so excited to see what you are up to this time. It will be so much fun.

Kim said...

YAY! Pam, so excited you are in the ORC! Looking forward to your magic my darling!

Julia Ryan said...

I'm so glad to see you doing a bedroom too, I can get some inspiration for my own now!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you work your magic, Pam. Those inspiration rooms are stunning!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Can't wait to watch every week. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

Jenny said...

I can't wait to see what you pull together Pam!

sarah m. dorsey said...

Can't wait to follow along!! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful project Pam and I know you will work wonders! Best of luck and I am looking forward to cheering you on sweet friend! xo Nancy

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful project Pam and I know you will work wonders! Best of luck and I am looking forward to cheering you on sweet friend! xo Nancy

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Pam this is going to be beautiful! I love what you did with the last ORC and can't wait to see you work your magic in here! So exciting!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

yeay!!! So glad you are back!! I always love your work and know this will be amazing!! I can't wait to follow along! I will be doing the linking party this time around.

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Yay!! So excited that you are doing this! That's one lucky client - I can't wait to see another fabulous Simple Details ORC reveal!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

Can't wait to follow along. I always enjoy these! xo

LJ said...

Lucky client! I can't wait to follow along and see how this turns out. I know it will be FABULOUS!!! Already some good bones to start with.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I know you will make this fab. What a cute photo bomber. That dresser inspiration looks like a perfect project for you to tackle.

Vel Criste said...

I have no doubt how fantastic this will turn out Pam, so excited to follow along!

Vel Criste said...

I have no doubt how fantastic this will turn out Pam, so excited to follow along!

Carrie said...

Ooh, I can't wait to follow along again! These inspiration images are some of my favorites! And your last two ORC bedrooms (yours and your friend's) were amazing!! :)

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

I LOVE what you do with craigs list finds and I adore your style always! Can't wait to see what you do with this space PAm! xoxo

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

So glad to follow along again!! I know you are going to rock that dresser makeover!

Kirsten Krason said...

It looks like it's going to be great! Can't wait to see :)

Dana Frieling said...

Pretty sure I'm most excited to see you makeover that great dresser from her dad! So happy to see your name among the participants, friend.

Vanessa@decor happy said...

So happy to follow along again. The room has so much potential - the beige needs to go! Can't wait to see the dresser DIY.

CAD Interiors said...

Pam, I'm excited to follow along as you transform this room! :)

SHERRY HART said...

I always love your rooms Pam! Can't wait to see how you pull this one together:)

Holly Phillips @ The English Room said...

Cannot wait to see it come together. I am sure it will be fabulous as all your other ORC's have been. Let the games begin!

therelishedroost said...

great rooms you picked to get inspired form, cant wait to see what you do.

Brenda said...

I was oohing and aahing at the inspiration photos! This is going to be good. I must say, I love those chairs. Can't wait to see you work your magic!

Unknown said...

YAY!! So glad you are participating! So excited to follow along!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I so love this series and look forward to the makeover of this bedroom...great inspiration pics!

cindy hattersley design said...

Can't wait to see what you do with that space you are so unbelievably talented!! Your coffee table is well loved on our Project Design Pinterest Board!!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

I know this room is going to be fabulous, just like the last bedroom you did for the ORC! Lucky, lucky clients they are!!!

Tracy Laverty said...

Pam, I'm so excited for you to be one of the designers for the challenge! I love your inspirations. You'll make this room shine.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

OHMYGOSH!!! I can not wait!!!

jana bek design said...

I love the glamorous yet light aesthetic you are after! This is going to be an amazing transformation! XX jana

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Can't wait to see this! You always do the best room makeovers!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover