Thursday, November 20, 2014

a few of my favorite things...

Every year I look forward to the Favorite Things series that Melissa @ 320 Sycamore hosts
 For the past three days our favorite bloggers have shared their favorite items,
 you can get all the scoop here!
I always love finding new products, gifts and ideas from her series, I'm much more likely
 to try something if it's come recommended by a stylish blogger friend. :)
Today I'm sharing a few of my favorites...  

      Beauty
NARS Dolce Vita Lip Pencil, Lipstick, Lip Gloss
nothing more to say than...the PERFECT dusty rose color!
The lipstick is sheer, so if you like a little more color the lip pencil is great.
A bit pricey but a nice if you want to treat yourself.

Home
I LOVE this starch from Dollar Tree!!
It smells SO good, if I had a gazillion $$ and sent my linens out to be laundered and
ironed, I imagine it would come back smelling like this. :)
Since I don't I just use it to iron my pillow cases, and it makes me happy! 


Guy Gift
This is my go-to gift for every hard to buy for guy! 
Monogrammed Beer Mugs, Pilsner Glasses or Martini Glasses
Williams-Sonoma has a great selection of styles and the prices are reasonable at
$40-$50 for a set of four.


Fashion
Target Katherine Boots aka Frye Knock Offs
I can't even tell you how many compliments I get on these boots, everyone
thinks they are the real deal Frye boots. SO comfortable, and reasonable for leather
 $70 at our favorite, Target! Free Shipping through the holidays.
732 Reviews 4.5 Stars


Decor
Busts and planter heads are all the rage and I'd be happy with one in every 
room, but for now I'm stopping at these two. I found both of mine at Homegoods,
in the spring in the garden section for around $25 - $30.  




Pillows
Ikea Sanela Velvet Pillow Covers with Zippers
20 x 20 - $7
26 x 26 - $10
Pink, White, Gray, Brown, Light Turquoise
I used the gray covers for our bedroom, and trimmed them with Greek key trim from
 Hobby Lobby. They're nice quality and the price can't be beat for the generous size!


Food
Do Ahead Molten Chocolate Cake here
is a favorite dessert to serve during the holidays when I'm entertaining.
 It's SUPER easy, but looks and tastes like you went to a lot of trouble. 
I love that I can make it the day before and then pop it in the oven for 20 minutes
 and serve warm - soooo decadent.


Join me over at Melissa's Favorite Things Link Party for lots of fun lists,
gift ideas, tips and inspiration!

26 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

great picks! i love those pillow covers from ikea, too!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love seeing everyone's lists, yours especially my stylish friend! I have never tried Nars lipstick/liner and will have to treat myself for holiday socializing. The Sanela pillow covers (and curtains!) are one of my faves at Ikea too, I have the same grey that you have and used the turquoise in a room redesign for a young lady, such a pretty shade.

Kathy Olson said...

I love seeing what makeup ladies love. I also loved those bust/planter heads. I have yet to see one in person. Where do you usually find those?

pam {simple details} said...

Kathy - sorry, I forgot to include that, but updated my post to let everyone know I found them at our favorite Homegoods! :)

Dana Frieling said...

Good timing! I was literally saying yesterday that I need to find a new lipstick. Great mix of affordable favorites, friend.

michele said...

loving your picks! the frye knockoffs were once mine, and they really are a great buy. the recipe is one i'll forward to my sis who has been obsessing about molten delish lately. peace to you right where you are.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the pillows. Fabulous.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Have one garden head. At the moment I have grapes and bananas in it. Thinking of artichokes to add the new color of the year!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Very good picks! I need to pick up some of those pillows on the next trip.

Leslie said...

Wonderful choices Pam! I love those NARS lip pencils;)

Anonymous said...

So much goodness here, I don't know where to start! Nars -- love it! Chocolate --always! Pillows --gorgeous!, Monogrammed glasses --genius!, Starch -- definite try!, Boots -- Cute and Yay, Target!, Busts -- classy! I love these link parties! Thanks!

Katie said...

Thanks for all your great ideas. This really is a fun tradition every year.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Sanela fabric is my favorite. I have almost all the colors. Just saw at Ikea yesterday that they have dark turquoise Sanela curtains now and am hoping they come out with pillows too. They've been out of that color at H&M forever.

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

Love how you glammed up those IKEA pillows. I may have to copy that. :) And I'm checking out those FRYE knockoffs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Pam. So glad you told me about the starch. It does smell amazing- my kind of Jo Malone for the home smell!

Anonymous said...

I am loving this pillows and that dessert. But I love Nars the most. Such a wonderful post

Unknown said...

Awesome faves! I have the Nars blush - thanks to you, I'll be picking up the lipstick and lip pencil this weekend! I love those pillows too...I heart Greek key trim. I wish we had an Ikea in Birmingham!
Shelia @ House of Highlands

Unknown said...

YOURE one of my favorite things! Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving! xo Nancy

The Daily Nest said...

Great gift and splurge on yourself gifts! Love Nars! I have the blush but haven't tried the lip products. Now I'll have to! Not only am I a home decor addict but a makeup addict as well! Thanks for the ideas! Xo Kathy@The Daily Nest

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Love your IKEA pillows...have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Dollar Tree has the BEST cleaning supplies, but I've never even thought to look for starch! I'll have to check it out!

Melissa said...

Thank you for joining us! :) Great tips on the starch and Target boots and now I want molten chocolate cake!

Stacy CUrran said...

I love posts like this! I should probably follow a few blogs devoted to fashion, but I think this is better- I love the once in a while fashion and makeup posts :)
Stacy

Leanne said...

I love your favorite things list. Those boots are amazing. How have I not seen those IKEA pillow covers? I will be getting some the next time I'm there. I love how you finished them.

Vel Criste said...

Love it all Pam, have to get me some of that starch !!!! Thanks for sharing!

admin said...

google 3890
google 3891
google 3892
google 3893
google 3894
google 3895

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover