Sunday, November 23, 2014

on my thrifting list...small foot stool


I have been a bad blogger! I completely forgot about this series I said I was going
 to do, the debut of 'on my thrifting list' was last December, and then I apparently
 remembered again in August! The concept was to show items you commonly pass
 up when thrifting in a setting that inspires you to think of them in a new way.
I'm back on track, and this is a good one.
How many times have you seen those little old dated foot stools for a steal?

Betsey Burnham & Max Humphrey

 homedit.com
 crazylifelittlemonkeybitch.tumblr.com
 Victoria at Home
  achicaliving.com
forme-foryou.com
Ballard Designs

They're the perfect piece to inject a little personality into your room with
a fun patterned fabric, and would be an easy DIY upholstery project. If you're
 not the DIY type, it would be super reasonable to have done professionally.

on my thrifting list...bamboo accent table
on my thrifting list...candles en masse


12 comments:

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I can identify, Pam. I started a series on celebrity homes and did two posts on kitchens and then totally dropped the ball and forgot. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love the step stools.

therelishedroost said...

Just love a unique foot stool, cant wait to se what you find!

Dana Frieling said...

I have a foot stool fetish! Not sure what it's all about but I LOVE them.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

I have a small one in my attic waiting to get reupholstered

Peggy said...

OH I love these footstool ideas! My biggest question is how does one incorporate a small footstool into a room which is already pretty small. Our living room sofa came with a large rectangular ottoman which we decided to keep because it can be used as additional seating and fits nicely under the window. That being said I always loved the two round footstools we had growing up. Thank you for sharing these beautiful footstool ideas! Have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

This is such a great roundup of little stools that are fun and updated. I have one my husband made in high school in wood class, it's covered with faux fur and we all love it for TV watching :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

i always snap these up when i see them! they are fun little redos!

Tiffany said...

These are adorable! I really do need one in my life. I just decided;)

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Officially adding a little footstool to my "must find someday" thrifting list - love your inspiration!!

Libby said...

Actually, I do have several foot stools and use them all the time. My Mother loved to do needle point, and these small stools were perfect candidates for her work! So I inherited three of them and treasure them. So useful for so many reasons!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Cute! I have one sitting in my basement that I haven't known what to do with... perhaps it's time to use it!

Vel Criste said...

I need one too!!!!

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover