Sunday, September 28, 2014

fall porch and patio...


Our fall weather has been a little toasty in Denver, but this week cooler temps are in the
forecast and I'll finally be trading in my sandals for boots! I just might sit on our patio,
 sip a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and enjoy the crisp air. (It's highly unlikely, but it sounds nice.)  
This year I went simple and brought out my new Otomi pillows, a cozy blanket and a few
 pumpkins, quick and easy additions, but it feels festive.


I'm always drawn to pinks when I plan our flowers for the summer and by fall they're 
loving the cooler weather and still looking good, so I go with it. Not your typical fall
 colors, but one of my favorite combos, I love the pop of orange pumpkins with the pink.
  
The sassy, unexpected Tanzania Wallpaper Knock Off in our entry still makes me happy
whenever I walk in. 


I kept our front porch simple, too. I get these Kimberly ferns every year in the spring
 from Walmart, they're $13. I use them on our porch, three front window boxes, and two
 other large urns at the edge of our yard. They get huge, so I take them out of the pots and
 cut them in half with a serrated knife for our window boxes, otherwise they take over.  
(The photo is deceiving but the window boxes are four feet long, and that is half of a plant.) 


This flagstone patio is in the front of our house just off to the side of the porch.  


 I completely forgot to mention a great feature of the Otomi painted pillows that I
 stenciled the other day, they give you simple instructions to waterproof them for
 outside use. You still have time if you haven't entered the giveaway here,
 it closes on Monday at midnight.  


We've had this wood and iron bench for years, I love the weathered look.
 The small folding table was a thrifting score last year, and easily moves wherever
 you need to set a beverage. I nabbed Mr. Simple's wine just as he was ready to sit
down and enjoy...I need it for my blog photos, just watch some football and I'll bring
 it back in a few. Ha, that got some eye rolling. :)


Btw, if you like my worn out all-time favorite Frye boot knock offs 
check out this post with all the details here


I change my outdoor decor a bit every year, here is a previous one 
with my go-to pink and orange color combo.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
 hope you're enjoying beautiful fall days wherever you are!


24 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

gorgeous! i love the pinks mixed with the oranges, black and whites! your outdoor spaces are always beautiful!

gina said...

Love your patio!

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

WOW! love love love the pillows. You have such a great eye and must have a green thumb too! Looks so pretty)

My Little Bungalow said...

So pretty, Pam. And I really like the orange and pink together. It's the fact that it's not typical that makes it so wonderful. The pillow complements the flowers and pumpkins perfectly!
Claudia

Jenny said...

Pink and orange are a great way to transition to fall! What a pretty color combination!

Unknown said...

I love your welcoming colors and entry- pink and orange are fabulous! I had luck with ferns for the first time at my front door so will hit Walmart on the spring! Happy pumpkin spice latte sipping-I'm doing that right now; wish we were together! Xo Nancy

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

your entrance is FANTASTIC! Love the little peek of the tanzania walls. I would love to have some heavy planters like your ferns - but they are outrageous everywhere I've seen!

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

I'd love to be able to share a pumpkin spice latte (or a glass of wine) on that beautiful porch! I love your non-traditional colors and how you decorated everything - gorgeous as always!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

So inviting and pretty!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Looks so cozy and festive, Pam! Yes, your entry is still the bomb! ;)

Unknown said...

Nice play of colors with the black accents. Thanks for the Kimberly Fern tip, I was not certain how ferns would take to our dry climate, yours look great!

Anonymous said...

Your porch and patio are simply gorgeous! I love all of your plants especially the one in the boots, so cute. The bench in fantastic and definitely a keeper! Oh and I wore my boots just the other day for the first time since winter. I loved kicking around in them!

Unknown said...

Pam~ I love the weathered boots with flowers in them! I also love the flagstone patio with the pumpkins and pretty plants. You made me laugh with the husband and wine eye rolling comment! ha!

PolkaDottyPlace said...

Your Fall decor is magazine worthy!! I love the pumpkins with the greenery and all the little details. I still swoon over your entryway!! We just bought a house this summer and I'm itching to do something creative with our half/guest bath.

sarah m. dorsey said...

love those stenciled pillows!!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You have fantastic curb appeal my friend.

Unknown said...

Love this!! I just got my pumpkins out on the front porch this weekend. This year I left my ferns out as well, and love the combo! Great idea splitting the ferns. I'll have to remember that for next year!

Anonymous said...

Love everything you did. It all looks simple and gorgeous (SD). The name of your blog is perfect.....SD! I hope I remember to purchase some of those fantastic ferns from Walmart next spring. I absolutely love ferns of all kinds and you can never go wrong with them. Thanks for sharing all the info and beauty.

Julie said...

What a wonderful color combination, Pam! I love the flagstone on your patio, and how great that you can waterproof those fun pillows! Your ferns look amazing...if I had them, they'd be brown and crunchy by now for sure. Your hubby has apparently learned that he has to sacrifice some wine now and then...all for the sake of good blog photos, haha!

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

So pretty! I love how it's not over-the-top "FALL!!" Just nice autumn touches. And the pink flowers are a great choice!

Unknown said...

I love your entry and front porch! It's SO cozy! And I love seeing the black and white dots when the door is open!!!

Crazy Wonderful said...

Oh I love the orange with the pink!

Becky {This Is Happiness} said...

So pretty Pam! It's all so cozy and I love how you incorporate the pink!

SHERRY HART said...

Love how you put the flowers in the boots! I might have to go to Target and try to find some of those....and you are right because I love the pink thrown in there.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover