Wednesday, July 8, 2015

it's all in the mix - combining side tables


Hey all, it's nice to be back! We had a wonderful vacation in Lake Tahoe where we
met up with family and kept busy enjoying all kinds of activities. One of my favorites
 was the zip line adventure park. I loved the thrill and challenge of making it across the
 most difficult wobbly obstacles while swaying high above the trees! #adrenalinejunkie 
There's nothing better than a small town 4th of July parade in my book, except fireworks
 over the incredibly gorgeous lake. It took me a couple days to get back in the groove, but 
I've missed you all and I'm ready to chat! :) 

I love an interesting room that leaves you wanting more, and wondering what's around
the corner. For me it's all about mixing styles to create a space that grabs your attention.
Side tables are one of the easiest elements to mix, you really can't go wrong choosing
pieces you love, keep in mind opposites attract. 

Here are some fun examples: 

A subtle tree stump accent table adds the perfect organic element to any style...  

cotedetexas.blogspot.com 
 mariakillam.com

A great eclectic mix ~ lucite, antique spindle leg table and ceramic garden stool...
Notice: Style, colors, finishes and shapes

 homebunch.com

Vintage bamboo pie crust table with wicker...
Notice: Busy base versus simple base

primitiveandproper.com

Perfection ~ lucite, wood and demilune table...
Notice: Different finishes, color and shapes

cocokelley.blogspot.com

Dark stain and clean lines paired with light color and gorgeous curves... 
Notice: Opposing colors and shapes

houseofturquoise.com

Moroccan style wood combined with modern white ceramic...
Notice: Wood tables with all the leg action work with table/ottoman without legs

lauraberninteriors.com

Do you have a favorite combo?


17 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I agree Pam, side tables can add so much character to a room. Our ceramic elephants from Asia really add a punch of interest.
BTW there is NO way I would have tried the zip line!!!! Wow!!!
xo
Patty

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love the pic from homebunch. Such a cozy room. Have a great week!!

Crazy Wonderful said...

LOVE a mix of tables. Mine need some attention in the form of getting a different one ;)

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

You always find the best inspiration photos... love those with the lucite tables! Welcome home, we missed you!

Unknown said...

What beautiful rooms with tons of inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, great ideas and pics. Give me plenty to think about.

Mary Beth said...

I love the House of Turquoise. I can't find it on that website though.

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Mary Beth - I know, isn't it gorgeous! Here is the link for you:

http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2015/05/ficarra-design-associates.html

Unknown said...

Such pretty rooms. I love all of them - from stumps to traditional. I wouldn't have thought of some of these combos but I love the mix!

Julie said...

The zip lining sounds like a blast!
I love all of these photos, and I am a huge fan of mixing table styles within a room.

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Love all the rooms and combinations

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

My comments keep disappearing so you might end up with 5 from me - if so - that's just how much I love you! Great examples of how mixing it up makes a room interesting. So many people are afraid to break up their end table/coffee table sets. I will be referring back to this post for sure - thanks for sharing! Ziplining sounds like it was a blast!!!!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Must say that I love the inspiration room from Homebunch...and Cassie's sitting area is the best!...

Vel Criste said...

I used to be afraid of any mix, but now I've been inspired by so many great bloggers (such as you) to go out of my comfort zone, and I love mixing old and new now!

Unknown said...

Hi friend! Ive missed you. Hope youre having a wonderful summer. If you could change our sidebar link to: www.powellbrower.blogspot.com, you'll find us easier now. Otherwise you have to go through our new website. Take care. Love your side table post! xo Nancy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I've been wanting a Moroccan table...all your side table examples are cool though.

Bergen Furniture And Design said...

Welcome back! Your Lake Tahoe vacation sounds amazing – from the exhilarating zip line adventure to the charming 4th of July parade and breathtaking fireworks. It's great to have you back, recharged and ready to share your adventures. Looking forward to catching up and chatting with you again!

In case you need info about discount furniture collection take a look at here.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover