Thursday, March 19, 2015

Chinese Calligraphy Brushes


A friend of mine recently mentioned how she wished she would have picked up some
Chinese calligraphy brushes when she was visiting China. So, of course I did a Pinterest
search and immediately wished she would have picked them up for both of us!
We happen to have the most beautiful, talented, sweet, friend (did I mention brilliant?)
 temporarily living in Beijing and thought we'd ask for a little favor and have her choose
 some for us. We were face timing tonight and discussing them as she
 was trekking around The Great Wall!
She'll be home in a few weeks, but until then I'll be dreaming of how I can style my
 coffee table with them.

 queenslandhomes.com.au
 adesigndiary.wordpress.com
 splenderosa.blogspot.com Charlotta's Space for Inspiration
 chameleoninteriors.blogspot.com - Century Furniture
 lemaisonfou.blogspot.com
 crushculdesac.tumblr.com
 thepolohouse.blogspot.com
 chinoiseriechic.net
waitingonmartha.com
charlottestylemag.com
 acdwellings.com

Aren't they gorgeous? 
You can find them on ebay, etsy or flea markets, I'd love to start a collection.
I can't wait to see what she chooses for us!

Happy Spring & Happy Weekend friends! 



18 comments:

Nelson Bartley said...

Haha! Isn't technology amazing? I actually spoke ON MY CELL PHONE to that same friend last year while I was standing in a barn in Texas and she was walking the Great Wall. That blew my mind.
And I have just taken up calligraphy-trying to teach myself which is a challenge- and those brushes are gorgeous,

Julia Konya said...

They certainly are gorgeous. I have never seen them for sale anywhere.

Katie Clooney said...

They are lovely. If she goes back tell her to pick some up for me too.. heehee

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I have never seen Chinese calligraphy brushes Pam, they are so beautiful and what a unique thing to collect! Clearly I am living under a rock with all these gorgeous images of them incorporated into vignettes.

Lori Appleton said...

They are works of art and my biggest "should-have-got's" Xie Xie, Di for being our personal shopper. I second it- you are sweet, beautiful, talented, and brillant! And perfect for an import business! Safe travels.

Dianne said...

I have also seen them at World Market and Tuesday Morning.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

these are so pretty! too pretty to use but so pretty to display!

Brynne Delerson said...

So gorgeous! I'd never heard of them before now - I hope you're able to get your hands on some! :)

Stacey {steward of design} said...

I'm going to China this summer and I am definitely going to be on the hunt for these!

Vel Criste said...

THey are gorgeous Pam! I want one for myself too!

Bethany DeVore said...

I need a friend in China! :) I've always loved those brushes!

Segreto Secrets said...

The brushes are gorgeous! They make a beautiful tabletop accessory!!
xo. Leslie
Segreto Finishes

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I did pick up a few in China but have never done anything with them!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

I've seen those in photos but never knew what they were called. What a variety! They are so pretty.

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

So weird, but I literally ordered a few of these on Etsy a couple of days ago! Great minds........? :-)

Cindy @ a curious gardener said...

Love these! I still have some beautiful bamboo brushes from art classes in college many years ago. I think I saw some of these brushes at Pearl River Mart in Soho when I was in the city for the Matisse MOMA show in January.

Anne K said...

They are absolutely beautiful!!

Debbie J. said...

They are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what she pick for you as well.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover