Friday, June 16, 2017

Our Summer Home Tour 2017


Welcome friends, and thank you for stopping in to check out our home!
I'm thrilled to be part of the 2017 Summer Home Tour hosted by Marty @ 
A Stroll Thru Life, a big thank you to her for organizing 30 bloggers to share their homes
 this week. If you're stopping by from Christy's @ Our Southern Home, I'm sure you
 enjoyed her beautiful home!

If you're new here I live in Denver and share our 1938 cottage style home with
 Mr. Simple, our teenage son and spoiled fur babies. Come in and take a peek. 

Living Room


I'm still smitten with our blush paint and kept it pretty simple by changing out some
 artwork and accessories for summer, and of course, bringing in lots of greenery from
our yard.


I like adding something a little edgy to keep the pink paint from looking too sweet.
 The bold tribal pillow with a black leather pattern is perfectly unexpected. I found


I have an addiction to fun chairs and have quite the collection, but always fall back
to bringing these unique cane chairs back in for summer. I love the contrast against the
smooth white campaign chest.  




Dining Room  


 Surprise! I'd mentioned a few times that the green paint in our dining room was fun for
 awhile, but I was ready for a change. At certain times of day it looked neon with the bright
 southern exposure and I'd walk by and cringe! I chose the same Benjamin Moore Queen Anne,
 as I have in the living room and it feels SO much better!  

I found the chippendale style chairs on Craigslist awhile back and still haven't
decided whether or not to paint them, which is keeping me from reupholstering the seats.
I love the wood, but wonder if it would be prettier if there were more contrast with
the table. What do you guys think? 



These small boxwoods were a steal from Walmart's garden section last summer.
 I brought them in for the winter and they're still going strong. I trimmed them up
 to get a more topiary form. 


My favorite time of day, early evening when the sun is shining through our
french doors the blush paint takes on a pretty glow.

Family Room 


I think we should have a challenge - can anyone do a home tour without adding a new
 pillow?!! Haha! A super simple pillow change up and that's it for our family room.
One day when I was cruising through Hobby Lobby I noticed the zebra print fabric on the
 clearance rack for a crazy price and made the pillows. The blush pillows are from Home Goods
 and are the perfect pieces to bring the color into our family room. 


We're still big fans of our basics - the IKEA Ektorp sectional, and sisal rug
from World Market. 
  

Thanks again for popping by everyone! Hope you have a fabulous summer!
Next up on the tour is Haneen's Haven, if you don't know her, she has a fun, vibrant 
style you'll love. And, if you ever need a laugh to start your day check out her
Instagram Stories - she cracks me up!


Monday – June 12
A Stroll Thru Life - Marty 
Cuckoo4Design - Julia  
Nesting With Grace - Brooke
Life on Virginia Street - Sarah 
Decor To Adore - Laura   

Tuesday – June 13
Thrifty and Chic - Alicia
21 Rosemary Lane -Barbara 
Decorating Delirium - Jennifer 
The Chronicles of Home Jennifer  
Hymns & Verses - Doreen  

Wednesday – June 14
 Life Love Larson - Andrea
Making Home Base - Chelsea
Inspiration For Moms - Laura  
Duke Manor Farms - Laura  
ZDesign At Home – Bree
Our Fifth House - Carmel   

Thursday – June 15
Life & Home @ 2102 - Vel
Remodelando La Casa - Christina  

Fri – June 16
Refresh Restyle - Debbie  
Far Above Rubies - Anita X  
Our Southern Home - Christy  
Haneens Haven -Haneen
Common Ground – Debra  


31 comments:

Kathy Olson said...

I love seeing your home!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love how you use that pretty soft blush color all over your house. It looks so fresh and unexpected. I also really love those bamboo chairs too, what a find. I think they are wonderful in the natural wood, but paint is nice too. Thanks so much for joining the tour, your home is always full of fabulous ideas.

Calypso In The Country said...

I love the paint color and those gorgeous chairs! You always style things so beautifully - and no, I don't think it's possible to do a home tour without new pillows! Such fun accessories! Enjoy your weekend, Pam!
Shelley

Anonymous said...

You've created such a pretty summer retreat, Pam! I love studying your styling. Love your airy bamboo chairs and pretty new pillows.

Decor To Adore said...

All of your gorgeous plants and lovely collection of blue and white china create a truly wonderful summer home. It's such fun to share this tour with you.

Simply LKJ said...

You have such a lovely home Pam. Love the painting in front of the built ins.

Vel Criste said...

I love all the pieces in your home Pam! Seriously wanna shop there, but as you know, I just adore and admire your seriously gorgeous style and taste! So honored to share this home tour with you dear, Cheers!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

Love your house so much Pam and always enjoy your tours and I don't think I can participate in that challenge. I always need to add a new pillow LOL.

Connie said...

Your pink paint is fabulous and everything pops against it. Your tour is such a treat!

decordelirium said...

Your summer home is so fresh and summery Pam! I love the blush walls. I just bit the bullet and painted our master bedroom pale pink. It is a good thing my husband does not care at all about my interior design choices. Hope you are having a great start to the summer. xo

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh what happiness to find this email in my box today!! I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE the blush pink in the dining room!!! The green was definitely fun but the pink looks so pretty in there with the wood tones, windows and chandelier. Reminds me of European homes, warm and inviting. Your simple changes with the pillows and greenery for each and every tour just show how easy it is to freshen up a space seasonally. Seeing your pretty spaces is always so fun, thanks for sharing it all and now go enjoy it and this beautiful weekend!

Angeldog said...

Beautiful home! Don't paint the chippendale chairs...instead, have tie-on cushions made in white (or just recover the black leather in something lighter and softer); and slip cover (to the floor) the end chairs. This will contrast the woods. I would also have white cushions made for the cane chairs too :) Your talent at finding gems is "simply" amazing.

Unknown said...

I love the dining chairs as they are. Beautiful!!

CleanLivingGal said...

I don't think you should paint the chairs, just recover the seats, they are darling just as is.

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

Pam- one can never have too many pillows! i love that you still have the blush pink on the wall. it's fabulous.

FraniQ said...

Your home is lovely and I enjoy your blog so much. I do wish the Dunkin' Donut ad did not cover up so much of the page.

pcb said...

So pretty! Love the dining chairs; would not paint them, though. I think you'll see them in in a different light after you reupholster them.

Lalagigi said...

You have a stunning home and a great eye for mixing textures and color. I just want to comment that I adore your glass and metal coffee table. Is it an antique? I've been searching for a unique picece like this and have come up empty.

Deborah said...

The Chippendale chairs are amazing as they are! What a find.

Cathy said...

Love how flexible your room decor is for switching things up so easily with the seasons or a whim and inspiration! Fun to see your TMD pillow too, one of my faves! Hope all is well.... do you now have a graduate????!!!! Do tell.....

LMoore said...

Love the chairs. So jealous that you found them. I would paint them and never look back. Probably several times over the years;)

Christy @ Our Southern Home said...

So pretty and I love the new color!!

Moxy said...

do not touch those dining chairs!

Sew a Fine Seam said...

Your home is as lovely as every Pam! I love the blush on the walls. As for the chairs - I'd paint them - but then I paint most things that end up in my house!

Jennifer M said...

Everything looks gorgeous, and I like the blush in your dining room, and those chairs are gorgeous as is! Have you ever tried the cane chairs at the ends of the table? Maybe the arms are too high to fit? I'm a huge fan of chairs, too, and always enjoy your style!

Unknown said...

Though I loved the bold green of your dining room I think the new color gives a flow to the rest of your home. Did you do the finish on your fireplace? I've been looking at doing a German schmear on mine, but wanted to see if a person that has done it thinks it's a DIY or better left to the professionals type of job.

SHERRY HART said...

That paint color is dreamy....looks great with all of you fabulous finds:)

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Christa, At the time we had it constructed I had the brick layers messily apply the mortar and directed them where I wanted more or less. They weren't accustom to doing such a job and were very wary about doing it. Over the years I decided I wanted an overall lighter look and have done a wash with diluted paint. I absolutely think it would be any easy DIY, I'd just start out with a light hand, you can always apply more. Good luck!

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Olivia Smith said...

American Airlines Reservations Phone Number
Christmas will appear and it's an ideal occasion to take in the focusing lights at this cheerful time. This Christmas, you can do essentially more than decking the hallways, stuffing the stockings, and dealing with the trees like you have been doing in past years.American Airlines Reservations, you can solemnize Jesus' birthday in a substitute way by making an excursion to irrefutably the most renowned traveler areas and laud the festival in style. With unobtrusive Christmas flights offered by American Airlines Reservations Phone Number, you can make your Christmas remarkable and that unnecessarily without asking to be spent. With a couple of flight deals offered, Christmas Day is a wonderful opportunity to get unassuming excursions in December.

dinam said...

You have a beautiful home. I love how you styled it, the combination of colors and all of that. I also like keeping my home clean and fresh. It makes me more happy when I sit on my couch, lit a scented candle while watching my favorite matches on sports like college football.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover