Wednesday, May 11, 2016

One Room Challenge - Eclectic Great Room Reveal


Whew, we've crossed the finish line!  
Thanks so much for stopping by to check on the One Room Challenge reveal of my
client's great room! And, a huge thank you to Linda @ Calling It Home for creating this
event that brings our community together to share an abundance of inspiration!   

I'm sharing my client's great room. Their request was a cozy, comfortable space
for their family of four, and Stella the fur baby, to lounge, watch tv, read and hang
out together. The chic mom didn't want to forgo style for comfort and asked me to
 incorporate glam, gold, pops of color and zebra print.
They were up for using my favorite, Craigslist finds! :)




This leather chair was one of our first Craigslist scores. I knew it would make a great spot for
 reading tucked back in this corner and loved the warmth against our crisp white background. 
This photo shows the best representation of the lively color of our Zahra Caravan rug from
 World Market. 


We used two cushy sofas and several squishy down pillows, perfect for everyone
in the family to comfortably stretch out!


They owned this vintage marble top table and loved the size and sturdiness for propping
 feet up. My client covered the golden tone wood with a coat of  Rub 'n Buff in Gold Leaf.  


We reupholstered a special chair that had been in the family for years in Ralph 
Lauren zebra print, for a dramatic, yet timeless statement piece.  


We knew we wanted an antique piece in this space and originally planned to use a secretary
 they owned, but fell in love with the details of this one from Craigslist when we were there
 to pick up a console. Pairing it with a modern lucite chair gave us the eclectic style we
were going for.  


They owned this large round side table, it was an ideal size between the sofas, but it also
had a marble top. We turned the top over, painted it all a high gloss white, and trimmed 
the edge in gold Rub 'n Buff for a pretty detail (more info to come).



The ornate gold mirror was another Craigslist find, and the perfect dose of glam we
 were hoping for to pair with our streamlined sconces. 


We layered a special piece of artwork created by a family member. A a simple
 frame and large mat keeps it from competing with the mirror.   


Yet another Craigslist score was this console we used behind the sofa, it faces the 
kitchen. When I spied it on Craigslist I thought the diagonal pattern (which was originally 
wood) would be pretty if made to look like metal. My client went to town with
  Rub 'n Buff, and we love the interest it added.   


The oversized distressed media cabinet balances the the 75" TV and including the
 industrial style compliments the eclectic mix of furniture pieces.   



It's been a joy to help create this space for such a sweet family, and so fulfilling to see
 them using it exactly as they envisioned. This photo of Stella sums it up perfectly! :)

Thank you so much to my wonderful clients for allowing me to share their home with
 all of you and for enduring the six week challenge! We've been hard at work on the
 rest of their home and I'll be filling you in on more details next week.

If you'd like to start at the beginning:

Week 3 - Sofas & a Stool
Week 4 - Craigslist Scores & Rugs 
Week 5 - Industrial Media Cabinet

If you'd like you can follow my design and Craigslist adventures on
Instagram

If you're new here, you can check out my previous ORC Reveals here:

Spring 2015 - Another Craigslist Bedroom - Featured Designer
Fall 2014 - Craigslist Bedroom - Participant
Spring 2014 - My Kitchen - Featured Designer
Fall 2013 - My Master Bedroom - Featured Designer
Spring 2013 - My Bathroom - Featured Designer

Are you following along with all the other ORC participants' projects, such a crazy
 amount of inspiration from lots of favorite bloggers and former ORC designers!
 Don't miss it at Linda's @ Calling It Home.

If you haven't checked out the 20 featured designers the reveals were FABULOUS!
Check them out here.

41 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Oh, Pam, you've done it again! What a wonderful, livable, gorgeous space you've created for your clients. Love all the details, the pretty fireplace, and that zebra chair is so good!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous. That zebra chair has my heart and of course so does the cute dog on the sofa ;)

Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful, pam! i love all of your craigslist finds but that zebra chair stole the show for me!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a bright, collected, interesting and beautiful space. You are amazing Pam! I love the styling and all your finds. How fun to work with a client who is down with CL, makeovers, & Rub N Buff!! That cabinet with the "metal" screening is my favorite part, love that!!! You're so inspiring!!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Wow! What a gorgeous room! Never considered myself a purple person, but I have converted after seeing this stunning room... Well done. Tell Stella I have a guy for her and his name is Chowdah. Enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love everything about this space!

whalingcitycottage said...

Pam, this mix rocks! The room looks amazing. I love the juxtaposition of the sconces and the mirror, and the secretary and ghost chair. Oh and that zebra chair!

Denise Greenwood said...

I love it! Such a perfect example of eclectic! It looks as though this room was created over six years, not six weeks! Great job Pam!

Robin Alley said...

You knocked it out of the park once again Pam! I just love everything about this space. The details are amazing. I need to go back over the photos to absorb it all! As usual, your CL finds astound me! Would you please come to SE Michigan to do an ORC for me?! :-)

Unknown said...

Pam, how do you find all of this amazing stuff on CL - I just continually am blown away by it! LOVE that secretary - your client is smart to have swapped out for it - it's amazing. And every little detail in the room is on point. You are the master of mixing pattern and color but still getting a cohesive look!!!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

what a beautiful room!!! I love it Pam!! And great minds think alike...I love the secretary paired with a lucite chair! I did the same thing in my daughter's room. Congratulations!! So, so good!

Vel Criste said...

Saying that this Great room is GREAT would be redundant, but it truly is! Where to start? Im in love with the fireplace, and how you styled it perfectly, and I love the mix of pattern in the pillows and furniture! Just wow! Another wonderful job Pam! Congrats and cheers! Unto the next! ;-)

Anonymous said...

OK, so now this may be my all time favorite room. It's signature Pam- so beautiful but so inviting too. The CL finds, fabrics, tile ... oh my! Your clients are lucky people! Even Stella looks happy with her new space!

Tiffany said...

Amazing as usual. Love the mix of patterns, the CL finds, the fireplace. All of it. Just gorgeous.

Jana Bek said...

Pam per usual you are the master of the mix! Love the layers of pattern, so much character! Fabulous!

The Divine Living Space said...

Pam, this looks amazing! I love the textures and colors you used. What a cozy space this is. Congratulations for a job well done!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Loving your craigslist finds!! And that tile around the fireplace has me swooning! xx

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Pam is turned out beautiful! You nailed it mixing the antiques with modern touches for that eclectic feel. Perfection!! I know your clients are thrilled with their new space!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

This room came together beautifully Pam! I love the mix of personal items and vintage finds and clever use of Rub 'n Buff ;) Your clients must be thrilled!

Dana Frieling said...

Seriously, when are you going to start offering classes on how to incorporate color and mix patterns? You are SO good! Your client is lucky to have you by her side. Love the sconces with the mirror btw!

Domicile 37 said...

wow! How am I just finding you? Your room turned out great! I love your eclectic style and all the little touches.

Mary Ann Pickett said...

That mirror with the streamlined sconces is just awesome.

Calypso In The Country said...

You are amazing, Pam! Love every inch! That mirror is gorgeous with the sconces. The mixture of special pieces make the room just perfect. It is so your style and of course the cute dog just adds to it! Congrats on beautiful space!
Shelley

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

What a fun space!! I am in love with that secretary - awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh Pam! Once again, you've done an absolutely incredible job! That zebra print chair! The "metal" detailing you added to that console... Marvelous!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous space. Such a beautiful mix of furniture and accessories. I was really excited to see the coffee table since my mom owns the same one and I'm planning to take it off her hands.

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

beautiful! love the secretary - adds nice layer to the room!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous well-designed room Pam, with your signature touch! I love it. Hope you are well and that Denver is finally enjoying spring! xo Nancy

Crazy Wonderful said...

Pam!!!! I always know going into it that your room is going to be absolutely gorgeous, but you still blow me away every single time!!! The layering of styles and textures is just perfection! I had once brought down my daughter's lucite chair to try out next to our secretarial. While I loved the look, she wasn't willing to part with her chair. This reminds me I've got to get another one!

Tricia said...

Pam congrats on creating another incredible space. WOW! I have to keep going through the photos to try to take in all the lovely elements. You completely nailed everything in this room!
Tricia // Suburban BItches

Brenda said...

You are the CL whisperer... I can't decide whether the mirror or the secretary are my favorite. I love how you used pieces they already had and made it all work together (Rub 'n Buff'ed). Good thing you posted Stella last b/c she's stealing the show!

Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry said...

Wow! Craigslist certainly was good to you for this challenge. You got some amazing pieces for this space. Beautiful job!

Ellen Ross | Ask Away Blog said...

I am legitimately obsessed with almost every piece of furniture. wow!
XO Ellen from Ask Away
www.askawayblog.com

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous room! Great job!

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Susan Christian said...

Hello to everyone out here, I am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me … My name is Susan Christian , I live in London, UK. we got married for more than 9 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come home again and he called me that he want a divorce, i asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying is that he want a divorce that he hate me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do, i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just want to try if something will come out of it. i contacted Dr Emu for the return of my husband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by another woman, that she cast a spell on him that is why he hate me and also want us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they casted the spell and after 1 week my husband called me and he told me that i should forgive him, he started to apologize on phone and said that he still live me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that he Dr Emu casted on him that make him come back to me today, me and my family are now happy again today. thank you Dr Emu for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want you my friends who are passing through all this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact Dr Emu ,if you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: emutemple@gmail.com or you can contact him through his website https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ fb page Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341 and you will see that your problem will be solved without any delay.

Rainbow Hosiery said...

well written and well explained. clearly described tiny details.
You should write in detail about Fitted Sheet

Anonymous said...

As the best photographer in Karachi, I must compliment you on the amazing photographs you utilized in this article. You've done a fantastic job capturing each aspect.

james said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous. That zebra chair has my heart and of course, so does the cute dog on the sofa. Now its time to avail dry van dispatch services for more details.

ZoopGo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristinhawthorne said...

Building a good ambience in your room can depend on a variety of factors, such as lighting, color scheme, etc. I always longed for my own house since as a tenant there is always a limitation on how much you can decorate the place. This dream finally came true last year and I got a chance to decorate my own place. I love bright colors as it makes one feel lively, I chose a color theme for all the rooms.

With regards,
Consultancy & certification services

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover