Tuesday, September 27, 2011

gallery wall

I've always loved the look of gallery walls and having the reminder of family photos and special memories.
        In keeping with my living room plan here for a neutral space, with a little glamour
                                         this is what I've come up with (so far).

                    If you follow these three steps you can create one in your favorite style!
                                               ~ some symmetry
                                               ~ a cohesive element to give it some unity
                                               ~ something unique, personal or fun
                                                                                                                     
                        ~ gold frames, large mats, gold & white color scheme unify the look
                        ~ hanging a large photo from a hook (or so it seems) is my unique twist
                        ~ a couple of shelving pieces with a treasure from my sweet great aunt
                   
Did you notice the painted wall in lieu of a white mat?
And, my lovely thermostat - no where in sight,
it's behind the frame leaning against the wall.
                                          
                     
                   You may have noticed there's still room at the bottom for a couple more frames,
                                 it's on my list and you'll be the first to know when I cross it off! 


                                
                                     


3 comments:

Inspired in Arvada said...

Beautiful gallery! I love your pretty mix of photos, shelves, the hook, treasures, and vase. Your idea for hiding the thermostat is genius!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

A beautiful job, Pam!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS!! I LOVE that mirror too! Martina

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover