Wednesday, September 21, 2011

dinner on the deck

We're still trying to make the most of the quickly fading summer evenings, and had friends over for dinner on the weekend, here are some simple ideas from our table setting.

The vases are Starbucks Frappuccino bottles with a single stem and some greenery from a shrub in our yard. The salad plates were a Pottery Barn find a few years ago.  I'd been looking for napkins to coordinate but couldn't find anything, however, I did spy a tablecloth for $12 and cut it into 8 napkins!   


                               Starbucks Frappuccino bottles and mason jars for water.
                              

See the green pillow with a flower in the background - tomorrow, the the scoop on how you can make one, it is soooo easy! 

 And, a before and after of the deck, with the easiest update ever - pillows!

 **Please ignore the rag in the background. A few days ago I told mr. simple I thought I saw a little mouse.  Yep, it's his idea of a mouse trap! I'm sure you're all hoping for a dinner invite soon. :)



3 comments:

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

I love the idea of using a table cloth for napkins! So clever!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful table and setting for dinner on the deck! I love those pillows so much, I would like to copy them! Also love the way you make even simple things look stylish. I'm off to buy some Starbucks "vases!" Thanks for sharing your ideas.

LouAnn said...

Your blog name says it all...so simple, yet it is all in the details. Thank you for the inspiration. It renews my desire to make things simply stated.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover