Thursday, February 23, 2012

diy trash to treasure 2

I was holding out on you, there were all kinds of interesting finds
at Goodwill yesterday. I only shared the vases! If you missed it go here.

These bowls made it home with me...
Ombre and geometric!


Martha Stewart Collection for Macy's
2 cereal size bowls and 1 smaller all for $4!
Easter colors! 




Inspiration - Ceramic Fish
Wayfair - $66

wayfair.com

Goodwill Find
$7 - Paint this guy gloss white! Or turquoise, or tangerine tango!

 
Inspiration - Pottery Barn
Vintage Wine Bottle - $139

Goodwill  Find
 Close enough for  $6.99
(I may go back for this!)

 
Inspiration - Trays
 Pinned Image
onekingslane.com
Pinned Image
swoozies.com


                                             Pinned Image
marthastewart.com

Pinned Image
southernliving.com

Goodwill Find
Large Blue Tray w/ Flower (flower is on back not raised)
Paint the wooden handles gold or white
The possibilities are endless for any painted design on the tray or
use scrapbook paper like I did on my leopard tray here!

 


Inspiration - Frames
Pinned Image
apartment34.blogspot.com

Pinned Image
vintagerevivals.blogspot.com

Pinned Image
hgtv.com


Pinned Image
theglitterguide.com

Goodwill Finds
$10 each - ornate wood frames
You could remove the picture and use only the frame, or replace it
with art of your choice, or do a cute chalkboard!
(I may go back for these, too!)


$5 -  Target - White frame w/mat in original packaging.

 
What are these...???   Anyone?
They were very large and heavy - $4 each
Totally cool,  but I'm not sure what you could do with these!
Ideas...?


Goodwill Find
Bubble Gum Machine - $20
How much fun would this be for a party or in a playroom?
I'd like it in my kitchen filled with Hot Tamales! :)


Hope you're inspired to think outside the box!

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

21 comments:

Jennifer L. Griffin said...

Oh, those gold frames would have jumped in my cart. And, the ceramic bowls. Darling! I could see those round flat baskets as an awesome centerpiece, but I'm not sure what I'd put in them. Think I would have picked one up for $4. You made me want to go thrifting tomorrow!

Dana Frieling@ Make Them Wonder said...

Did you get any funny looks as you photographed everything in GW? ha! I've seen the big, round things but couldn't figure them out either. They seem to have great potential...just not sure for what though!

Holly said...

Lots of goodies!! Mmm..I love that fish, the frames, and the bubble gum machine!! Now I'm really itching for some thrifting. Have a great weekend Pam!

Nancie B said...

Can you flip the round things over and sit on them? Like low ottomans?
And I want to go to your Goodwill. Ours Is nowhere near as exciting.

Nancy said...

Hi Pam,maybe wicker footstools if you upholster a fabric disk to go over the hole? Fun finds, love it!. Happy weekend.
Nancy
Powellbrower.com

Nancy said...

Hi Pam,maybe wicker footstools if you upholster a fabric disk to go over the hole? Fun finds, love it!. Happy weekend.
Nancy
Powellbrower.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

You are a master shopper! I wish I had your eye for turning cast-offs into treasure! Great finds. I'm sure you'll be whipping up all sorts of things over the weekend. Enjoy!

Jennifer L. Griffin said...

This morning as I was lying in bed half awake I had the same thought as a few other commenters-if the bottoms are sturdy flip the baskets over and use them as floor cushions around the coffee table. Or, turn them over and stack them for a cool footstool!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Well your goodwill is amazing! I have been looking for ornate gold frames like that on the cheap and they are hard to come by! Such good finds!

Lisa - A Room with A View said...

You have found a lot of pretty little treasures..I love the bowls and those bottles, and the frames, too, have so much potential. It is exciting when one considers the possibilities.

Cathy Wall said...

Girl....you gotta buy it when you see it!!! I hope those finds are still there for you when you go back because I am dying to see what you do with them. You have the magic touch and a pretty awesome Goodwill!

Cathy

Calypso In The Country said...

Some great finds, Pam. Now you have me in the mood to shop! Enjoy your weekend!
-Shelley

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

You really got some great finds. I never find much in the Goodwill I go to. But we have another small thrift store here in town and I found some great things today. I will post about them in a day or two.

Leslie said...

Great finds! The little bowls are so cute. I bought the green and red ones from Anthropology.. paid a lot more! Enjoy your weekend :)

classic • casual • home said...

Your Goodwill is way better than mine...or maybe I just need to take you with me.

Stacy Curran said...

These are great finds...you are amazing! I love the goodwill gold frames!
Stacy

Jill Elaine said...

I think those are supposed to be footstools or floor seats. A friend of mine has one she uses in her photography studio. Very cute! That is a steal of a price.
It does look like your goodwill is much better than mine! I want to go shopping with YOU!!!!

Lori said...

I love your bowls and the price! I've seen similar baskets for storing your hoses(?) You have such a great eye!

Kristen said...

I need to my myself to the Goodwill pronto. Good finds!

Jean @ Flower Hill said...

Amazing finds! Love those ombre bowls!

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Pretty sure the wicker round things are floor cushions from Ikea. I posted about them back in November. Check out these amazing crocheted covers to fit over them. Good deal at Ikea. Much better deal at your Goodwill!

Here's the link. http://lorimayinteriors.com/finding-the-perfect-floor-cushion-and-a-much-needed-vacation/

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover